This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Poll: Do you like FPS games?

User Info: zhenghan

zhenghan
4 weeks ago#31
The only fps i liked is call of duty modern warfare
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish

User Info: godplaysSNES

godplaysSNES
4 weeks ago#32
captsplatter_1 posted...
zKanoe posted...
I only like Doom 2016. It's the only one I've ever finished. in the past couple of decades of gaming.

Something about the speed and arcadey feeling that makes me like it a lot I suppose. I normally hate first person anything.

It's a throw back style. Only thing I didn't like was the double barrel shotgun. The secondary fire mode should of been firing both barrel than a zoom in.

I didn't like the arena combat setup the whole game, or encouragement of glory kills
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!

User Info: grand_commander

grand_commander
4 weeks ago#33
I guess the only option that fits is the lukewarm "Yes", but really it's more of a "Yes?" There are a whole lot of types of games out there, and shooters are among those I'll play.

User Info: gilv3r

gilv3r
4 weeks ago#34
I'm getting back into them. I don't have the time to invest in 100+ hr RPGs. I've taken a long break from action/fps games and think I'm ready to jump back in. I've been eyeballing Doom and dmc5.
Jesus is Lord
Playing: Grim Dawn and Kotor

User Info: Opunaesala

Opunaesala
4 weeks ago#35
Standard military ones, no. Borderlands, yes.

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
4 weeks ago#36
godplaysSNES posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
can definitely get behind more first person search-action shooting games. 3D in general has a lot of potential for enhancing exploration, but because Sony was all about FMV and the "cinematic experience" since f***ing ever, that kind of thing hasn't been common since N64.
More than museums of pretty looking things just out of reach, I'd rather see more complex environments with more explorable elements.

Ye even Nintendo itself stepped back on that front with Metroid Prime 3, I really hope Metroid Prime 4 will be more like the first two games.

I hope it's more like the first. The second may not have been as linear and handholdy as the third, but it wasn't very open either, and the environmental design and pacing was the worst of the three.
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud

User Info: krazycharlie

krazycharlie
4 weeks ago#37
I'm going with "Yes. But only on occasion". As much as I want to say "Yes. They're the only games I play", I love racing games even more.
"U mad bro?".

User Info: Knighted Dragon

Knighted Dragon
4 weeks ago#38
Digital Storm posted...
They used to my jam, but as I got older I got slower. Now they're just a memory.

chandl34 posted...
No, I'm tired of them. Liked them back in the 90's and early 2000's. Not interested in them anymore.

These. I played thousands of hours of them as a teenager. Now days I get burned out within like 10 minutes. I avoid them when I can, I like coop PvE shooters like Borderlands sometimes, but I'm pretty tired of the genre
Proverbs 3:5 & Galatians 2:20 & John 14:6
http://i.imgur.com/heRqmfH.jpg

User Info: momo92

momo92
4 weeks ago#39
Nathanmg posted...
Need an option between the first two, I play them a lot more than 'just occasionally', but I also play a lot of other genres too.
"Music speaks when words fail!" Dokkan ID:748737433
XBL GT: Pathos Da Ghost

User Info: iammaxhailme

iammaxhailme
4 weeks ago#40
I used to be into them a lot more because good plot-based FPS games used to be released much more frequently (Bioshock, Half Life, Halo type games). I was never really into multiplayer player vs player in FPS.
Best weapon combo in tf2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oUWPbS4450&feature=channel_video_title
http://www.last.fm/user/iammax
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Poll: Do you like FPS games?
  • Topic Archived