This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Gaming Desktop Advice

User Info: killtacular30

killtacular30
1 month ago#1
Am looking to buy a gaming PC or maybe try building one on my own... Am not really looking to play new triple AAA titles that require high end graphics cards... Most games I wanna play require better than a intergrated graphics which my PC just has a ATI 4200...

I saw this HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690-0034 Ryzen 7 2700, Radeon RX 580, 16GB DDR 4RAM, 128GB SSD + 1TB HDD for $700. But I don't know much about the Ryzen Processor, am just used to the Intel ones or how good Radeon RX graphics cards are over the Geforce GT cards...

Here are some of the specs needed to play some of the games I like buy but other games could require more...

Graphics: Radeon 8500 / Geforce 3
Graphics: Nvidia GTX 660/750, AMD Radeon HD 6970/7850

User Info: BeyondWalls

BeyondWalls
1 month ago#2
It's fine. It'll do what you want. $700 is a good price.
END OF LINE

User Info: AndreLeGeant

AndreLeGeant
1 month ago#3
That's a solid price for a pre-built. Sounds like the RX 580 will meet your needs, and that CPU will be good for 4-6 years probably. In that time you'll be able to add a new GPU or two if you see the need.
"Not only is Andre way smarter than you, he's also way smarter than you think you are." - SaikyoStyle

User Info: Foxfire15

Foxfire15
1 month ago#4
Solid PC for the price. 580 should be fine for what you're doing now. You can always upgrade down the road.
It's not the fall that kills you, it's the rapid deceleration.....
*shoves next poster off a cliff*

User Info: killtacular30

killtacular30
1 month ago#5
I also meant to add that Xbox One has this new app Wireless Display to where you can stream your PC games to your Xbox... I think the HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690-0034 should have no problem doing that?

AndreLeGeant
1 month ago#6
Streaming will depend on your internet connection. The only benefit is getting it onto your tv. Otherwise it’s kind of a waste. I’d just book my PC to my tv all the time
"Not only is Andre way smarter than you, he's also way smarter than you think you are." - SaikyoStyle

User Info: BeyondWalls

BeyondWalls
1 month ago#7
Foxfire15 posted...
You can always upgrade down the road.

No. Don't tell him that. Chances are he can NOT upgrade an HP Pavilion. He's not buying a standard size generic case. I guarantee that Pavilion is a weird, small case with a proprietary motherboard and some super slim power supply. Upgrading will be a pain unless he's some super modder.
END OF LINE

AndreLeGeant
1 month ago#8
BeyondWalls posted...
Foxfire15 posted...
You can always upgrade down the road.

No. Don't tell him that. Chances are he can NOT upgrade an HP Pavilion. He's not buying a standard size generic case. I guarantee that Pavilion is a weird, small case with a proprietary motherboard and some super slim power supply. Upgrading will be a pain unless he's some super modder.

It’s not super slim and it has a PSU that can handle a power-hungry 580. The motherboard won’t precent a GPU upgrade, either.

User Info: phantasy

phantasy
1 month ago#9
Is the rx580 4gig or 8gig? If it's 8gig than that's a good deal for $700
[This message was FORCEFULLY deleted by a moderator or administrator]

AndreLeGeant
1 month ago#10
Amazon says 4GB
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Gaming Desktop Advice
  • Topic Archived