This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. M.2 Drive

User Info: ryandavison

ryandavison
1 month ago#1
I'm fixing to buy an M.2 drive next week for my computer and I've narrowed my choice down to 2 and I was wondering which of these 2 M.2 drive is better and faster

Intel SSD 760p Series 256GB M.2-2280 NVMe PCIe

Adata XPG SX8200 Pro 256GB M.2-2280 SSD

Thanks in advane
Best there is, The Best there was, The Best there ever will be

User Info: thepro189

thepro189
1 month ago#2
the other ssd is sata 3 right?

i’d go with the adata. nvme ssds arent worth it unless you’re sending double digit GB files very frequently.

User Info: Foxfire15

Foxfire15
1 month ago#3
They're about the same price, get the Intel. No reason to get the SATA unless there's a major price difference or your board doesn't support NVMe.
It's not the fall that kills you, it's the rapid deceleration.....
*shoves next poster off a cliff*

ryandavison
1 month ago#4
My board supports both SATA and NVMe and according to the specs on the site I'm ordering from they are both NVMe

The site is: www.cclonline.com if you want to check them out for yourselves

User Info: Foxfire15

Foxfire15
1 month ago#5
ryandavison posted...
My board supports both SATA and NVMe and according to the specs on the site I'm ordering from they are both NVMe

Quick googling seems to suggest the SX8200 is better. They're both NVMe, so get that one I guess. Cost is again, about the same. Disregard my previous post.
It's not the fall that kills you, it's the rapid deceleration.....
*shoves next poster off a cliff*

ryandavison
1 month ago#6
Foxfire15 posted...
ryandavison posted...

Quick googling seems to suggest the SX8200 is better. They're both NVMe, so get that one I guess. Cost is again, about the same. Disregard my previous post.

Thanks, yeah the specs looked better on that 1 too, so I just wanted a second opinion just to be on the safe side
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. M.2 Drive
  • Topic Archived