This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Looking to get into PC gaming again.

User Info: RAIDERof_theARK

RAIDERof_theARK
1 month ago#1
Where is the best place to start researching a build and reaquainting myself with new and expected technology?
PSN: RAIDERof_theARK - XBL: RAIDERof theARK

User Info: farigonti

farigonti
1 month ago#2
www.pcpartpicker.com

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/wiki/builds

User Info: RAIDERof_theARK

RAIDERof_theARK
1 month ago#3
Thanks! I’d like to start streaming and editing and am unsure if I should shoot for a single or dual pc setup.
PSN: RAIDERof_theARK - XBL: RAIDERof theARK

User Info: Pox

Pox
1 month ago#4
RAIDERof_theARK posted...
Thanks! I’d like to start streaming and editing and am unsure if I should shoot for a single or dual pc setup.

You should be fine with a Ryzen 7 or an i7 for streaming. Basically you want a high core count. If you're not buying immediately I'd look into AMD's Zen 2. You'll get a much better CPU for the price and Zen 2 is supposed to be very competitive with the top end Intel processors.
Hokay so, here is ze Gamefaqs...

User Info: Nathanmg

Nathanmg
1 month ago#5
Pox posted...
RAIDERof_theARK posted...

You should be fine with a Ryzen 7 or an i7 for streaming. Basically you want a high core count. If you're not buying immediately I'd look into AMD's Zen 2. You'll get a much better CPU for the price and Zen 2 is supposed to be very competitive with the top end Intel processors.

This, especially if you're wanting to stream, Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000 series) latest estimates have it release in July but we should know more over the next couple of months.
PSN: Nathanmg
3DS: 1006-0862-7392

User Info: ArkonBlade

ArkonBlade
1 month ago#6
YouTube if you want to get reacquainted with whats out there

PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow STEAM - ArkonBlade

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
1 month ago#7
As far as "newer tech," you shouldn't have a hard time getting reacquainted with the CPU, GPU, RAM, Motherboard and Power Supply. They all pretty much function as they always have, it's just a matter of understanding the newest iterations of each part.

Hard drives may have changed a bit depending on how long you've been out of the game. There's still the standard HDD but look into NVMe/M.2 and SSDs.

The only other thing I think would be monitors. I'd get familiar with the terms IPS, TN, refresh rate, response time, gsync and freesync. Some of those have been around forever but as time has gone on monitors have improved and included more bells and whistles that are important to pay attention to when shopping for the right one.
"Only idiots play games at ultra settings" - Fade2black001, 2018

User Info: NoiSy_MaN

NoiSy_MaN
1 month ago#8
At this point I would wait a bit for the new amd stuff
R7 1700 3.8GHz I GTX 1080 Ti I 2x8GB DDR4 3000MHz
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Looking to get into PC gaming again.
  • Topic Archived