This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. is there an easy way to remove denuvo without pirating a game?

User Info: drukenbastard

drukenbastard
1 month ago#1
theres evidence of performance gains from capcom games without it. since devil may cry 5 and re2 have been cracked is there any way we can do this for other games like re7 or monster hunter world?

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
1 month ago#2
Can't help you on the specifics as I'm not up to date on them, but technically cracking a game you legitimately purchased isn't piracy. It may well still be illegal though depending on jurisdiction.
And we are estranged, we're drawn to the flame. We are like fire to the rain.
Isn't it strange that love is in the way?

User Info: grand_commander

grand_commander
1 month ago#3
I thought cracking Denuvo didn't entail removing it from the game, just allowing it to run (and reduce performance) while assuring it that the game has been legally purchased.

User Info: ryouma17

ryouma17
1 month ago#4
only the developers can remove denuvo from the gamefiles since their encrypted
http://i.imgur.com/GIugA1n.gifv
https://i.imgur.com/ZVQbkqz.jpg

User Info: drukenbastard

drukenbastard
1 month ago#5
actually i just found out capcom removed it from re7, can anyone confirm a performance increase or is it just a load of s***?

User Info: grand_commander

grand_commander
1 month ago#6
From Resident Evil 7 I can, strangely enough, find no benchmarks. Other games have been before/after benchmarked in the past though and found that Denuvo does require significant CPU power to run.

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
1 month ago#7
iirc, it depends on the implementation, but basically, Denuvo does require some performance, and more importantly, it can "trip" it's self into thinking a game is pirated even through normal, nonpirated means, further tanking a game's performance, or causing it to crash.
Like any DRM, it's most harmful to the paying customer, as the crack can have these parameters adjusted, not only allowing you to play the game illegitimately, but also preventing Denuvo from accidently gimping it's self.
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud

User Info: -CJF-

-CJF-
1 month ago#8
Technically no, at least as far as I know. However, you can buy the game and pirate it afterwards. That way you're in the clear morally. Still illegal but at least you can sleep at night.

User Info: DeanWhipper

DeanWhipper
1 month ago#9
-CJF- posted...
Technically no, at least as far as I know. However, you can buy the game and pirate it afterwards. That way you're in the clear morally. Still illegal but at least you can sleep at night.

Lucky I can sleep at night, those Devs who gimp the paying customer must be beside themselves with guilt right?
Is this even legal? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Fxhiq93TTg

User Info: HeliosMagi

HeliosMagi
1 month ago#10
DeanWhipper posted...
-CJF- posted...

Lucky I can sleep at night, those Devs who gimp the paying customer must be beside themselves with guilt right?

Or if A: the game you're pirating isn't even available on any digital store, and B: it's made by EA or Activsion.
coughnfsmostwanted2005cough
"I had a classmate who legitimately expected Mario 65 to come out. He ate glue."
i5-8400|8GB DDR4-2666|GTX 1060 6GB|250GB SSD|1TB HDD|Corsair Spec-01
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. is there an easy way to remove denuvo without pirating a game?
  • Topic Archived