This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Just finished building my new rig... rate or critique.

User Info: Icewitch

Icewitch
1 month ago#1
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/jP3jV6

Upgraded from a pretty old rig that was still running DDR3 RAM (mobo couldn't do DDR4), GTX970, and an old i7-3770. It ran most modern games fine at medium settings, but it was time for an update, and considering I needed a new mobo, new ram, and a new card I splurged and did a whole new build.

Took me roughly 2.5 hours to put together. No storage on that link since I just ripped the 1TB SSD out of my old rig. The case is f***ing beautiful. I haven't played any games on it yet, still downloading updates and such, but I'm really hoping I can hit 144hz 1440p in some games (Overwatch maybe). It's a G-Sync monitor so hopefully that helps... I got a pretty good deal on the monitor, 300 and change at Amazon before they ran outta stock. Total build cost was roughly $1800, after tax.

What do you guys think?
^.^

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
1 month ago#2
I don't think it's enough to curb your low self esteem or validate your existence.
Maybe if you cover it in LEDs, though, it can at least be flashy enough to make up for it?
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud

User Info: l337Bossman

l337Bossman
1 month ago#3
I reallly love everything but that case (which is totally personal preference). I’ve seen a ton of builds recently using this case and read a review where it rated low for both thermals and noise due to it all being made of glass (it heats up over time and doesn’t dissipate heat very well).

Everything else rocks!

Why don’t you take a pic of your actual pc since you’ve put it together?
i9 9900k | 2080 Strix | 32 GB 3200 Ripjaws | Define R6 | Noctua u14s | Gigabyte Aorus Ultra

User Info: TaigaTiger

TaigaTiger
1 month ago#4
i hate how ugly your cpu cooler is but other than that build is good.

Not a fan of the case (I like full basements and my cable management behind the mobo to be covered) but tempered glass with simple thumbscrews always looks good
The older the crab is, the tougher his claws be

User Info: Dave_rawkzorz

Dave_rawkzorz
1 month ago#5
You could've went with a 650W PSU and a cheaper MOBO because the CPU can't be overclocked, but otherwise looks solid. If you're hoping for 1440p@144 you'll have to drop settings to medium-ish with the 2070 but it should be a good gaming experience nonetheless.

I don't see any storage on there. Did you use an SSD from a previous build?

Edit: Nevermind I missed the SSD in the first post. Good medium-high end build.
FD Meshify C | i7-9700K@5GHz | Z390 Aorus Master | 16GB Corsair 3200 | 1TB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe | Asus STRIX 2080 | EVGA G+ 850W
EVGA SC17 6820HK @ 3.7GHz

User Info: TheBorderCollie

TheBorderCollie
1 month ago#6
l337Bossman posted...
I’ve seen a ton of builds recently using this case and read a review where it rated low for both thermals and noise due to it all being made of glass (it heats up over time and doesn’t dissipate heat very well).

That's the same reason I didn't choose that case when I just bought one for my build. It is indeed a great looking case, though. I love how it looks! It's also a pretty good value, considering that you are getting a three pack of the Corsair RGB fans and a controller with it as well.

It's just those dang temps that scared me off....
I'm proud to acknowledge that unlike many on this site, I grow as a person and a gamer. Viewpoints change-especially after 3 years. http://imgur.com/VFDAFgN?r

User Info: Dragon Nexus

Dragon Nexus
1 month ago#7
TaigaTiger posted...
i hate how ugly your cpu cooler is but other than that build is good.

Yeah...dunno why you'd get some much black and then put a shiny silver cooler in there.
Why not get an AIO?
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde

User Info: Lucavi000

Lucavi000
1 month ago#8
non-K processor with a hyper 212? why? You can't OC it so there is no reason to get a 3rd party cooler.
"Doesn't matter, still obtainable. You were wrong, simply admit it and apologize for your ignorance and s*** attitude." - Firemage7777 to SuperZay

User Info: Naysaspace

Naysaspace
1 month ago#9
Is a 24 dollar aftermarket cpu fan really an upgrade over the stock?
NHLB Saturday Picks: https://goo.gl/1MeMQg

User Info: HeliosMagi

HeliosMagi
1 month ago#10
Lucavi000 posted...
non-K processor with a hyper 212? why? You can't OC it so there is no reason to get a 3rd party cooler.

Actually, I've heard that i7s, even locked ones, tend to run a bit on the hot side. I personally would have gone for a Cryorig H7.
"I had a classmate who legitimately expected Mario 65 to come out. He ate glue."
i5-8400|8GB DDR4-2666|GTX 1060 6GB|250GB SSD|1TB HDD|Corsair Spec-01
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Just finished building my new rig... rate or critique.
  • Topic Archived