This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. do cpu cores and gaming monitor help in fps of games?

User Info: aryanbrar

aryanbrar
2 months ago#11
they will in few years when devs finally stop being lazy f***s and start utilizing more then 4 cores.

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
2 months ago#12
beny_pimpster posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Your framerates should improve by 6~16%, if the overclock is stable and the CPU clockspeed is the limiting factor.

update: did like 3.75 it worked wonders then it freezes so i went back to poor man's 3.2 T_T

Try 3.5 instead?
Are you changing the voltage at all, or just assuming a higher clockspeed will automagically work?
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud

User Info: beny_pimpster

beny_pimpster
2 months ago#13
DarkZV2Beta posted...
beny_pimpster posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Your framerates should improve by 6~16%, if the overclock is stable and the CPU clockspeed is the limiting factor.

update: did like 3.75 it worked wonders then it freezes so i went back to poor man's 3.2 T_T

Try 3.5 instead?
Are you changing the voltage at all, or just assuming a higher clockspeed will automagically work?

my bro! :) . only touched the ghz i did :)

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
2 months ago#14
As a guideline, you can be pretty much absolutely assured that your CPU can hit 3.5ghz at the voltage for it's boost clock, provided your motherboard is up to the task of powering it(and it should be if you plan to OC at all) as that's already a rated clockspeed.
Higher than that should normally require additional voltage.
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud

beny_pimpster
2 months ago#15
DarkZV2Beta posted...
As a guideline, you can be pretty much absolutely assured that your CPU can hit 3.5ghz at the voltage for it's boost clock, provided your motherboard is up to the task of powering it(and it should be if you plan to OC at all) as that's already a rated clockspeed.
Higher than that should normally require additional voltage.

oohhhh... too much mumbo jumbo ill wait for ryzen 3000 to come but im pretty confident my ab350 hd3 board can handle 2000 series since i just updated my bios :)

User Info: Nathanmg

Nathanmg
2 months ago#16
beny_pimpster posted...
oohhhh... too much mumbo jumbo ill wait for ryzen 3000 to come but im pretty confident my ab350 hd3 board can handle 2000 series since i just updated my bios :)

Don't suffer for 5 months just because of some jargon.

Change it to 3.5ghz and see if that works for you, all he was saying is that 3.5 should be fine.
PSN: Nathanmg
3DS: 1006-0862-7392

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
2 months ago#17
honestly that wasn't that crazy of "jargon" and if TC thinks it is he probably shouldn't be tampering with his parts.
"Only idiots play games at ultra settings" - Fade2black001, 2018

User Info: Nathanmg

Nathanmg
2 months ago#18
yohabroha posted...
honestly that wasn't that crazy of "jargon" and if TC thinks it is he probably shouldn't be tampering with his parts.

Generally speaking I agree, but working within accepted limits and using guides / advice from others is common across the board. He already knows how to change that specific value to and from something, I don't think telling him to not bother at all at this point is the best option, he's practically at the finish line, no point throwing the race.
PSN: Nathanmg
3DS: 1006-0862-7392

User Info: Playsaver

Playsaver
2 months ago#19
I think a fast gaming monitor would help if you have lag, but won't help with fps unless it has faster refresh rates.

beny_pimpster
2 months ago#20
Nathanmg posted...
beny_pimpster posted...

Don't suffer for 5 months just because of some jargon.

Change it to 3.5ghz and see if that works for you, all he was saying is that 3.5 should be fine.

i did try it...cpu temp gotten alot higher from 24 to 60 T_T
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. do cpu cores and gaming monitor help in fps of games?
  • Topic Archived