This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. do cpu cores and gaming monitor help in fps of games?

User Info: beny_pimpster

beny_pimpster
1 month ago#1
currently using ryzen 5 1400 @ 3.2ghz (4 cores and 8 threads)
16 gig ream @ 2800hz
ab 350 hd3 board
vega msi air boost 56 OC

currently playing D2 at default settings everything is fine till the spiders planet where my dps drops to 35 fps T_T. if i upgrade my cpu to something like 6 core and 12 threads with 4.0 will it stabilize the fps.

oh will a 144hz display monitor with the sync function help on dps? :)

PS: if i do need to buy a cpu . ill wait for ryzens 3rd gen ( im too poor to buy intel hehehe)

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
1 month ago#2
For the CPU, it depends on the game.
For the monitor, no, your framerate will not improve.
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud

beny_pimpster
1 month ago#3
DarkZV2Beta posted...

noted. having a blast in Over Watch but in Destiny 2 even my dps drops like mad in the farm :)

beny_pimpster
1 month ago#4
DarkZV2Beta posted...

big bro, curiosity if i OC the cpu from 3.2hz to 3.7. will i get a more stable fps? :) thanks!

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
1 month ago#5
Your framerates should improve by 6~16%, if the overclock is stable and the CPU clockspeed is the limiting factor.
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud

User Info: 32x2z

32x2z
1 month ago#6
You could always try upgrading your CPU. There's plenty of good deals at MicroCenter/outlet for CPU's. Have you thought about upgrading so you can avoid issues in the future?
R7 1800X|570 8gb 1500/8000|Freesync 7680x1080|16gb TridentZ|Focus+ Platinum 750|https://bit.ly/2UBHT5d| Rud3Bwoy Caught Scamming-https://i.imgtc.com/xBAjFf7.jpg

User Info: johnny_pay

johnny_pay
1 month ago#7
Mess with the shadow settings in D2, one of them, environment shadows I think, tanks your frame rate if on high.

User Info: Lee7

Lee7
1 month ago#8
Use some monitoring software like msi afterburner or HWmonitor to see your cpu/gpu/ram/vram usage in parts with framerate drops, if something is in 90-100% usage then thats the bottleneck(to put it simply).

But of course I'd recommend messing with settings first as some games has settings that tanks your performance, or has one that makes visually very little difference, but has impact on fps.
-Sense, this makes none-
-AMD Duron 650 @ 400 MHz / NVIDIA TITAN Xp / 2TB ram / 8MB HDD / Windows ME/ Some random PSU / Sony FW-900 24" CRT monitor-

beny_pimpster
1 month ago#9
32x2z posted...
You could always try upgrading your CPU. There's plenty of good deals at MicroCenter/outlet for CPU's. Have you thought about upgrading so you can avoid issues in the future?

yeah RYZEN 3000 series even the cheapest ryzen 3 3300 will be a 6 core 12 threads 3,2 base and 4 ghz turbo but im gunning for ryzen 5 3600X :). to prepare my self for future heck ps5 is said to be using 6 core ryzen :D. then if the almighty radeon 7 if it becomes as cheap as vega 56 which im using right now :)

beny_pimpster
1 month ago#10
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Your framerates should improve by 6~16%, if the overclock is stable and the CPU clockspeed is the limiting factor.

update: did like 3.75 it worked wonders then it freezes so i went back to poor man's 3.2 T_T
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. do cpu cores and gaming monitor help in fps of games?
  • Topic Archived