This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. done with pc gaming
(message deleted)

User Info: MasteroftheArts

MasteroftheArts
4 weeks ago#122
Mushroom87 posted...
So its a pebkac when the audio service just decides to stop running and wont start after I I literally did nothing but log in?

I have no idea what you've done to your computer, but the fact that you aren't even entertaining the possibility that something else you might have installed or done to your computer is conflicting with your setup kinda gives credence to the fact that it's likely a pebkac.

5 days now and you're still here b****ing about a PC you apparently hate when you could be playing PS4 or X1X and spending your time over on those forums b****ing about long loading times. Go to ebay and sell your 2070.

JKatarn posted...
It is when you do nothing to troubleshoot it. Local software/hardware problems suck, but they are ultimately specific to your hardware/software/drivers etc..

He could have installed something else that's causing a conflict and crashing the service. There's a number of things he could have done to cause the issue, and the fact that he's blaming it on PC gaming at large is why he should bow out now and save himself the frustration of having to do simple troubleshooting in the future.
"I refuse to prove that I exist" says God. "For proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing..."

User Info: Mushroom87

Mushroom87
4 weeks ago#123
MasteroftheArts posted...
Mushroom87 posted...
So its a pebkac when the audio service just decides to stop running and wont start after I I literally did nothing but log in?

I have no idea what you've done to your computer, but the fact that you aren't even entertaining the possibility that something else you might have installed or done to your computer is conflicting with your setup kinda gives credence to the fact that it's likely a pebkac.

5 days now and you're still here b****ing about a PC you apparently hate when you could be playing PS4 or X1X and spending your time over on those forums b****ing about long loading times. Go to ebay and sell your 2070.

JKatarn posted...
It is when you do nothing to troubleshoot it. Local software/hardware problems suck, but they are ultimately specific to your hardware/software/drivers etc..

He could have installed something else that's causing a conflict and crashing the service. There's a number of things he could have done to cause the issue, and the fact that he's blaming it on PC gaming at large is why he should bow out now and save himself the frustration of having to do simple troubleshooting in the future.

well anyways, i got it solved, i have no idea what caused the problem unless people go into my room when im at work and install things, but a system restore fixed it.

i still dont get why a whining thread gets over 100 posts, yet legit posts usually get 0-5 replies.

EDIT, less b****ing, but has anybody ever gotten forza 7 to actually launch correctly? i get the xbox live logo, then a black screen, and a loading symbol, then it closes to desktop, ive checked their official boards and the people their have the same problem with no reply from the devs hours of googling came up with tons of "solutions" that dont work, and usually take hours.

i apologize for losing my temper and calling out pc gaming, i need to find a better way of dealing with frustration after a hard night of work. im not really going to give up pc gaming, tons of other games i have work perfectly fine(and then get refunded because some of them are garbage, but w/e)

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
4 weeks ago#124
If a system restore fixed it, I would start by disabling overclocks and checking general system stability. It could be that something was corrupted by instability and caused this issue.
Also, consider a more stable OS.
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud

Mushroom87
4 weeks ago#125
DarkZV2Beta posted...
If a system restore fixed it, I would start by disabling overclocks and checking general system stability. It could be that something was corrupted by instability and caused this issue.

I don't have any over clocks besides the preloaded xmp profile for my ram(if that counts. )
Hmmm

User Info: 32x2z

32x2z
4 weeks ago#126
Mushroom87 posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...

I don't have any over clocks besides the preloaded xmp profile for my ram(if that counts. )
Hmmm

Bet it was a software issue. I've had AISuite over-ride my BIOS overclocks and completely crash my system...repeatedly...until I decided uninstall the b**** and be done with it.
R7 1800X|570 8gb 1500/8000|Freesync 7680x1080|16gb TridentZ|Focus+ Platinum 750|https://bit.ly/2UBHT5d| Rud3Bwoy Caught Scamming-https://i.imgtc.com/xBAjFf7.jpg

Mushroom87
4 weeks ago#127
32x2z posted...
Mushroom87 posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...

Hmmm

Bet it was a software issue. I've had AISuite over-ride my BIOS overclocks and completely crash my system...repeatedly...until I decided uninstall the b**** and be done with it.

Its the thermal take rgb software, its got settings to sync with game audio and its glitchy at best, it causes all sorts of problems when trying to change its settings or turning on/off my headset. Got no issues at all if its not running.

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
4 weeks ago#128
Mushroom87 posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...

Hmmm

It's quite possible that any part of your system could not meet the XMP profile requirements. XMP is an overclock, and the memory controller on the CPU, the motherboard northbridge, the voltage reaching the RAM, any of that not reaching the level of performance the memory was tested with, can cause instability.
Things like minor file corruption can absolutely happen with slightly unstable memory. Your system can even run, otherwise, completely 100% perfectly fine as though nothing is wrong, except occasional corruption of files, or very specific software instability.

The first thing to do when diagnosing any problem is to disable your overclock. Check the rated specifications of each of your parts, and lower your memory clocks and timings to match those specifications, or default to the JEDEC rating. Run that for a while(a month or two) and see if the problem persists at stock. Also, if the problem appeared while the memory was overclocked, but doesn't go away after the overclock is disabled, it could be still that the memory overclock has corrupted a driver or system file, so try to find and diagnose these problems while the overclock is disabled. If the system is rendered stable, and then becomes unstable again at factory settings, you can rule out the overclock as the sole cause, at the very least.

Also, you can assume by default that anything Thermaltake is garbage, and just avoid the f*** out of it.
Also also, overlay software can cause compatibility problems, especially when running modern "mods" that work via driver overrides, like many of the "fix" mods for broken Japanese Bamco ports.
Also also, so much as having those mods installed on a system level can absolutely f*** anything and everything. Never use the installers for those mods, they're garbage. Get the files and manually copypaste. If the fix mod requires using an installer, ignore it's existence. It's not worth the risk.
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud

Mushroom87
4 weeks ago#129
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Mushroom87 posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...

Hmmm

It's quite possible that any part of your system could not meet the XMP profile requirements. XMP is an overclock, and the memory controller on the CPU, the motherboard northbridge, the voltage reaching the RAM, any of that not reaching the level of performance the memory was tested with, can cause instability.
Things like minor file corruption can absolutely happen with slightly unstable memory. Your system can even run, otherwise, completely 100% perfectly fine as though nothing is wrong, except occasional corruption of files, or very specific software instability.

The first thing to do when diagnosing any problem is to disable your overclock. Check the rated specifications of each of your parts, and lower your memory clocks and timings to match those specifications, or default to the JEDEC rating. Run that for a while(a month or two) and see if the problem persists at stock. Also, if the problem appeared while the memory was overclocked, but doesn't go away after the overclock is disabled, it could be still that the memory overclock has corrupted a driver or system file, so try to find and diagnose these problems while the overclock is disabled. If the system is rendered stable, and then becomes unstable again at factory settings, you can rule out the overclock as the sole cause, at the very least.

Also, you can assume by default that anything Thermaltake is garbage, and just avoid the f*** out of it.
Also also, overlay software can cause compatibility problems, especially when running modern "mods" that work via driver overrides, like many of the "fix" mods for broken Japanese Bamco ports.
Also also, so much as having those mods installed on a system level can absolutely f*** anything and everything. Never use the installers for those mods, they're garbage. Get the files and manually copypaste. If the fix mod requires using an installer, ignore it's existence. It's not worth the risk.

thank you, the xmp profile is the same as whats on the box for my ram, i only enabled it when i noticed that cpuz wasnt saying the correct numbers.

my whole windows installation is borked somehow though, after failing to get forza 7 to play correctly i unninstalled it.....but its still their, its not listed in the start menu, or apps, but the space is still taken up on the drive, i tried to remove it and it said i need permission from system, so i enabled the admin account and tried again from the admin account, and it says i need permission from admin.

also in my windows security tab theirs like 10 entries when their should only be three right? me, guest, and system?

Mushroom87
4 weeks ago#130
yeah, the system is trashed, when using the security tab, or the take ownership selection in the context menu (from here https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/add-take-ownership-to-explorer-right-click-menu-in-vista/) to try and delete a certain file(forza 7) i get an error saying i need permission from myself to make changes to the folder.

so, any suggestions on how to do a reinstall as quickly and plainlessly as possible, preferably withought even noticing i reinstalled windows afterwards?
EDIT nevermind the reinstall, i was able to finnally remove the files and folders.

anybody know what all the extra usernames were though? is their supposed to be more than a handful on windows ten? i dont feel comfortable with this, i might just completely disconnect from the net here in a second till i understand this.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. done with pc gaming
  • Topic Archived