This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. done with pc gaming

User Info: Mushroom87

Mushroom87
4 weeks ago#1
seriously, ive had my rtx 2070 for almost two weeks and litterally every game i have tried to play accept resident evil two has me spending all my gaming time in the menu's jsut trying to get the damn thing to run right.

is every pc game like this? if so im switching back to consoles. and theirs litterally no help anywhere, i try on message boards for the specific game, its a ghost town, i try the discord for the game and i get a couple people that say, "huh i dont have that problem" but offer no solution.

thank god pc games are cheap so im not out that much money, and the RTX brand is new enough i can probably make back most of what i spent on it.

User Info: threedown

threedown
4 weeks ago#2
Yes, please sell your pc if it's that much of a struggle to adjust a few in game settings.

User Info: Recycled

Recycled
4 weeks ago#3
Mushroom87 posted...
is every pc game like this?

No...?
All I ever have to do is manually assign my dedicated GPU to some games because IDK if I should just make it the default choice.

User Info: LiquidDee

LiquidDee
4 weeks ago#4
If you are having issues with the 2070 then you must be doing something wrong.

Mushroom87
4 weeks ago#5
threedown posted...
Yes, please sell your pc if it's that much of a struggle to adjust a few in game settings.

how to play a game on console
1, install game
2, play

how to play a game on pc
1 download steam/origin/epic/etc
2 start game
3 changes settings to recommended
4 screen tears
5 change vsync to on
6 worse screen tears
7 change everything to high from max
8 no screen tears, audio cuts in and out
9. change everything to max again accept for anything that raises the ram, audio fine screen tears less
10 change resolution to 1080 everything is fine. *claps* bsod.

im sorry, i was overeacting, its not every game, just hellblade, i thought i could sit down to play something for once after headache after headache getting trinuspsvr to work correctly(dont waste your money, it wont, and you get no refunds if you activate it)

User Info: FrankJaegr

FrankJaegr
4 weeks ago#6
Ignore them, they wouldn’t be great teachers of anything anyways

I’m in the same boat but I bought my computer to do music production more so than gaming.. I’ve always wanted to play Oblivion with mods but figuring out the order of the mods vs what mods you would personally like to have.. Windows 10 jittering because it does this weird auto switch thing where it can’t decide what programs should feed audio through my dedicated usb music interface to my speakers and what should not be fed into my interface

Because Windows sucks at assigning default parameters without changing them (auto updates) the result is sometimes a nice Blue Screen of death or pops and hisses or sudden losses of audio (which you have to go back and set the default back to your interface)

It can definitely handle the rendering workload, but everything about using a computer is a pain in the ass for the consumer.. we’re normal guys so I feel you

Mushroom87
4 weeks ago#7
FrankJaegr posted...
Ignore them, they wouldn’t be great teachers of anything anyways

I’m in the same boat but I bought my computer to do music production more so than gaming.. I’ve always wanted to play Oblivion with mods but figuring out the order of the mods vs what mods you would personally like to have.. Windows 10 jittering because it does this weird auto switch thing where it can’t decide what programs should feed audio through my dedicated usb music interface to my speakers and what should not be fed into my interface

Because Windows sucks at assigning default parameters without changing them (auto updates) the result is sometimes a nice Blue Screen of death or pops and hisses or sudden losses of audio (which you have to go back and set the default back to your interface)

It can definitely handle the rendering workload, but everything about using a computer is a pain in the ass for the consumer.. we’re normal guys so I feel you

windows sucks at just about everything,
1.it pops a notification in the middle of a game telling me that it blocked these notifications
2.sometimes turning my headset on it will route audio to the headset and not the speakers, other times i have to manually tell windows to do it.
3. in the middle of a game i get a popup saying windows will restart for updates, i tell it to reschedule for five in the afternoon when im at work, i get home from work, turn a game on, and the same popup comes up saying it will restart in an hour for updates, happened three days in a row until i said F it and updated instead of playing a game.

btw i didnt buy my computer i built it, i feel like trying to brag about specs but it seems rather pointless if it cant do what i tell it to do.

rtx 2070
16gb ddr4
ryzen 5 2600

User Info: DreDayy

DreDayy
4 weeks ago#8
I just install and play, ez pz
|i7 8700k|Maximus X Code|32gb 3000|RTX 2080 TI|960Evo 500gb|m500 960gb|
|970Evo 1TB|500d rgb|G3 750|ROG PG27UQ|

User Info: 32x2z

32x2z
4 weeks ago#9
So you had one bad experience and you're ready to quit? What the hell? It's just one game you had issues on man.
R7 1800X|570 8gb 1500/8000|Freesync 7680x1080|16gb TridentZ|Focus+ Platinum 750|https://bit.ly/2UBHT5d| Rud3Bwoy Caught Scamming-https://i.imgtc.com/xBAjFf7.jpg

Mushroom87
4 weeks ago#10
32x2z posted...
So you had one bad experience and you're ready to quit? What the hell? It's just one game you had issues on man.

I have a tendacy to overreact. My whole computer time was taken up by trying and failing repeatedly to play vivecraft in a way that doesn't make me sick(only vr game that does that) and hellblade.

DreDayy posted...
I just install and play, ez pz

These are the kinds of people that piss me off the most about pc gaming.

90% of people that reply when I'm asking for legit advice(I'm not doing that here, I'm just venting) just say s*** like that.

Whats the point? Does it help anybody? Are you trying to measure your epeen? Do you get off relishing in the fact that your not having problems? Who are posts like this intended for?
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. done with pc gaming
  • Topic Archived