This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Which game or gaming series do you think has the most attention to detail?

User Info: TiamatNM

TiamatNM
3 months ago#11
Shenmue

User Info: TrulyEpicLawls

TrulyEpicLawls
3 months ago#12
Watch Dogs 2's NPC detail and interactivity is insane.

Add to that the detail regarding graphics, soundtrack choice and a first-person driving camera view, and it's immersive.
Argument winners: strawman, calm down, troll/hater, you obviously, LOL, don't care, I'm done, actually this is funny, not wasting my time, butthurt, keep trying

User Info: AltOmega

AltOmega
3 months ago#13
Smallville posted...
any votes for metal gear?

I can't speak for 3 and 4 but 2's ice cube physics were pretty great.
- I've given up on Sony and I gave up on Nintendo years ago; PC > everything
- If you hate modern FF then you were never a FF fan to begin with.

User Info: Dragon Nexus

Dragon Nexus
3 months ago#14
AltOmega posted...
but 2's ice cube physics were pretty great.

Hell, just half of everything on the tanker.
I remember seeing videos of the food and glass physics blew my mind. Even more so when I got the demo and found it wasn't BS.

You shoot a sack of flour...and the flour pours out from where you shot it!
You shoot a fruit and it breaks into bits!
You shoot a glass and it has locational damage, it doesn't just explode!

That was another one of those "Games will never look better than this" moments.
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
3 months ago#15
Honestly, while there are a lot of PC games with great detail, when attention to detail is brought up, the game that comes to my mind right away is Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4). I found it to be extremely well put together in general, even in details a lot of devs just do the standard and move on. For instance, fast travel. Most games with fast travel, once you've been to a place, you can fast travel back to it. In Zero Dawn, you have to have been to a place to unlock fast travel, but to actually travel, you need a travel pack - and those are single-use consumable. You can buy fast travel packs from merchants, or scavenge them occasionally... but eventually, you can get enough money and find a merchant selling a "gold" fast travel pack that has unlimited uses. The end result of this is that early on, you're encouraged to explore more on foot or riding a machine since fast travel is kind of expensive, and it makes you more familiar with the area. Once you're to the point you're pretty familiar with stuff, you've earned enough to unlock unlimited fast travel - it felt perfectly planned.

Also, there aren't a lot of similar games with such fantastic combat. There are a wide variety of methods you can use, from temporarily stunning, tying machines to the ground, freezing or overheating them, etc. And every machine has weak points, they're covered in armor plating you can knock off, and every single ability they have depends on hardware you can knock off as well. Knock off a stealth generator from a Stalker, and it can no longer turn invisible... knock off the dart gun, and it no longer has a ranged attack. Knock off its mine launcher, and it can't drop mines... That gives you a *ton* of options for how to approach combat. Even how machines are placed in groups, how likely they are to alert nearby machines vs. your ability to kite them, etc., all worked very well.

Also, level progression is handled super well. You never become OP - enemy machines are always a threat even up to the end game. What leveling up does is give you points to spend on unlocking new abilities that give you more options in combat, maneuvering, resource collection, etc. It feels great that every part of the map provides potential challenge through the entire game.

And speaking of resource collection, that's cool too - you can craft ammo for your weapons on the fly, mid-combat even, as long as you have the resources. Sounds weird, but works surprisingly well.

This is a game that should really come to PC - the mechanics (especially combat mechanics) would be *great* with KB/mouse. Mouse aim would make targeting hardpoints so much easier. Every part of the game though felt intentional, and like it had much thought put into it. It's the game that immediately comes to mind when I think about attention to detail.
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23

User Info: PhilOnDez

PhilOnDez
3 months ago#16
I really want to like Horizon but the motion blur kills my eyes, and not in a whiny "Ew motion blur lol" kinda way. If it came out on PC and I could turn it off I'd probably love it. Until then it's up there with Amnesia for games that I can't play due to extreme physical discomfort
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez

User Info: supervaan

supervaan
3 months ago#17
the metroid prime sub series
:^)

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
3 months ago#18
Tengai Makyou maybe?
I remember those games having an exceptional level of minor content. Not the usual "procedural world" trash or general open-world copypasta either.
Been ages though.
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud

User Info: ArkonBlade

ArkonBlade
3 months ago#19
Elder Scrolls or Fallout.

PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow STEAM - ArkonBlade

User Info: Kokuei05

Kokuei05
3 months ago#20
I agree with GTA. Details that don't even matter, like a building shaving. At no point in the game does it point at it or an event occurs there. It's just there.
i7-6700K @ Stock | Team Vulcan 16GB 3000Mhz | Zotac 8GB GTX 1080 Mini | EA232WMI 79hz
e7470 | i5-6300U || Surface Pro 2 i5 || OnePlus 5t || iPad Air 2 9.0
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Which game or gaming series do you think has the most attention to detail?
  • Topic Archived