This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Wait...? With Origin premium I don't' need to buy Anthem...?

User Info: Rain_Dust

Rain_Dust
1 month ago#1
Am I getting that right...? As long as I have the premium service I can play it for "free" but as soon as I get rid of it I can't play...? Yes..?

User Info: it_r_over9000

it_r_over9000
1 month ago#2
Yes. As long as you have Origin Premiere you have the game. If you get it before the 15th you'll be able to play it this Friday instead of on the 22nd. If you cancel Premiere you lose access to the game.
I'm laughing in my pants so hard right now - Rud3Bwoy 12/3/2018

User Info: cugabuh

cugabuh
1 month ago#3
The 'vault' of games you get access to is actually pretty decent too.

They Are Billions, Darksiders 3, and Ghost of A Tale were pleasant surprises for me.

User Info: Voxwik

Voxwik
1 month ago#4
I'm very wary. I think this is a step with the goal of killing single-payment licenses, and eventually killing the very idea of owning a copy of media.

The moment they make anything exclusive to this will make that clear. It would be a grave threat to media preservation.

User Info: Rain_Dust

Rain_Dust
1 month ago#5
Yeah... It does seem odd. That is why I asked.. Thanks for the help!

User Info: FFT-Fan

FFT-Fan
1 month ago#6
Voxwik posted...
I'm very wary. I think this is a step with the goal of killing single-payment licenses, and eventually killing the very idea of owning a copy of media.

The moment they make anything exclusive to this will make that clear. It would be a grave threat to media preservation.

100% this. That is certain to be the endgame behind this stuff. IMO killing single-payment licenses is the Holy Grail for publishers, there is probably little to nothing they want more. I always felt this was the true goal behind DRM itself.
Dragon Quest for Smash Ultimate!
Rest in peace, Stan Lee.

User Info: Cool_Dude667

Cool_Dude667
1 month ago#7
Voxwik posted...

The pirates will always find a way, even MMORPG's have private servers
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi

User Info: kobalobasileus

kobalobasileus
1 month ago#8
Voxwik posted...

Online only games in general are a thread to media preservation. Anthem won't be worth the disk space it consumes if the servers are turned off.

User Info: Apex_Predator

Apex_Predator
1 month ago#9
That’s correct. Origin premier is awesome if you play EA games. A hundo a year for all of their games, a week early for new games, plus all dlc and other bonuses. Plus, they are adding games from other companies to the vault.
Z170, 6700K,1070 FE, 16GB DDR4, 250GB NVME m2, 1TB HDD, 29" LG 1080p UW

User Info: Voxwik

Voxwik
1 month ago#10
Cool_Dude667 posted...
Voxwik posted...

The pirates will always find a way, even MMORPG's have private servers

A streaming-only future is a very realistic threat. Pirates could not counter that.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Wait...? With Origin premium I don't' need to buy Anthem...?
  • Topic Archived