This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why the hell would Dark Souls 3 use 100% of my 1080ti?

User Info: TheBorderCollie

TheBorderCollie
1 month ago#1
Yes, I'm running it at 4K settings and yes, I'm maxing it while also using G-Sync.

But shouldn't a 1080ti be able to plow through this thing with no issues?

For some reason, I can load up the game and it will sometimes play fine with a few hitches here and there....and then some other times, it will literally stutter so bad (2 second long pauses, followed by 1 or 2 seconds of animation over and over), that I have to give up and quit the game because it barely functions. If I restart the computer, that will sometimes make it playable again.

Tonight when it was in the severe stutter mode, I checked in the task manager and it was using 100% of my GPU. I have a 4770K processor and it was at 57% usage. My RAM was at 33%.

I've tried decreasing settings and resolutions and have even tried turning off G-Sync....but in the end, it's always a crap shoot. Sometimes it will load and play well and sometimes it loads up and becomes a slideshow.

Any thoughts?
I'm proud to acknowledge that unlike many on this site, I grow as a person and a gamer. Viewpoints change-especially after 3 years. http://imgur.com/VFDAFgN?r

User Info: MrSprings

MrSprings
1 month ago#2
TheBorderCollie posted...
Yes, I'm running it at 4K settings and yes, I'm maxing it while also using G-Sync.

TheBorderCollie posted...
Any thoughts?

I think maybe you don't understand how hardware works.
"Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist."- GC

User Info: chris121691

chris121691
1 month ago#3
You should be complaining when it's not at that high lol..

User Info: farigonti

farigonti
1 month ago#4
Sorry bud a 1080ti isn’t gonna cut it at 4K

User Info: BrokenMachine85

BrokenMachine85
1 month ago#5
farigonti posted...

+1
Ryzen 7 2700X | RTX 2080Ti 11GB | 16GB 3600Mhz | Samsung 970 EVO NVME M.2 | 28 inch 4K G-SYNC

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
1 month ago#6
Does it not normally use your GPU fully?
If it's randomly lagging and using more of your GPU than it should, it could be a crypto miner.
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud

User Info: burn420247

burn420247
1 month ago#7
my gosh the responses in this topic.
i had the same CPU + GPU combo and played @ 4K - max(no gsync) just fine.

no idea why you're having issues with stuttering, but i can assure you that your hardware is up to the task.
Romans1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ

User Info: Velius_

Velius_
1 month ago#8
Stuttering sounds like a throttling issue. What kind of cooling are you using on your CPU?
=

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
1 month ago#9
farigonti posted...

A 1080ti is going to be fine for just about anything at 4K 60, you might have to drop a setting or two for a nearly imperceptible drop in image quality, but it will handle it. I'm assuming you're not being facetious of course.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
1 month ago#10
burn420247 posted...
my gosh the responses in this topic.
i had the same CPU + GPU combo and played @ 4K - max(no gsync) just fine.

no idea why you're having issues with stuttering, but i can assure you that your hardware is up to the task.

E-Peeners and/or people who have no f***ing idea what they're talking about - par for the course for GameFAQs.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why the hell would Dark Souls 3 use 100% of my 1080ti?
  • Topic Archived