This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Loving my PC so far....

User Info: Matt-Moores

Matt-Moores
4 weeks ago#1
Quick question, though. I want to play an old classic I never got to when I was younger, “Big Mutha Truckers 1&2”. The games, however, are not on Steam it seems. Where can I buy them and play the two in glorious 1080p? :)
Trust in The Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths.

User Info: Pox

Pox
4 weeks ago#2
I'd check GoG.com. They have a lot of old games. If not just pirate it (a lot of companies don't even hold the license for old games anymore so they can't sell it)
Hokay so, here is ze Gamefaqs...

User Info: 32x2z

32x2z
4 weeks ago#3
https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000094OU4/ref=dp_olp_used_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=used

https://amzn.to/2sELNNF

The first one is a listing to used copies of the first title

second one is for the second game which is 6.99.

You are free to look elsewhere, just letting you know, it is available for purchase on the internet.
R7 1800X|570 8gb 1500/8000|Freesync 7680x1080|16gb TridentZ|Focus+ Platinum 750|https://bit.ly/2UBHT5d| Rud3Bwoy Caught Scamming-https://i.imgtc.com/xBAjFf7.jpg

User Info: MarceloSampaio

MarceloSampaio
4 weeks ago#4
Be warned that those games are old Windows 98-XP games, ans many games like this have issues on newer Windows versions.

You need to do some research before or evven try them out yourself, and if it doesn't work, you'll have to look for compatibility patches o even an older OS on a virtual machine.

If you want the easier way, however, just emulate the PS2 versions. You can even play them in 4k, if you want.
When EA dares to ask for your opinion on their service, do this:
https://imgur.com/QGlOjvc

User Info: Matt-Moores

Matt-Moores
4 weeks ago#5
MarceloSampaio posted...
If you want the easier way, however, just emulate the PS2 versions. You can even play them in 4k, if you want.

How does one go about that? >.>

And thanks, all, for the tips!
Trust in The Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths.

User Info: elsmitty

elsmitty
4 weeks ago#6
Matt-Moores posted...
MarceloSampaio posted...

You can't ask how to emulate a old console on gamefaq
3ds friend code - 5069-4253-9174
steam profile - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198077085301/

User Info: GuitaristMatt

GuitaristMatt
4 weeks ago#7
elsmitty posted...
Matt-Moores posted...
MarceloSampaio posted...

Sure you can. Recommending piracy is wrong though.

PCSX2 is the best PS2 emulator. Take a look at their website.
PC | PS4 | Vita | PS3 | PSP | PS2 | PS1 | NS | Wii U | New 3DS | Wii | DS lite | GCN + GBP | GBA SP | GBA | GBC | SNES | GB | NES | 360

User Info: unknown_VS

unknown_VS
4 weeks ago#8
GuitaristMatt posted...
elsmitty posted...
Matt-Moores posted...
MarceloSampaio posted...

For a lot of people emulation = piracy though.

Gotta wonder why (I don't, it's too obvious lol)
J-Pop

User Info: Foxfire15

Foxfire15
4 weeks ago#9
unknown_VS posted...
GuitaristMatt posted...
elsmitty posted...
Matt-Moores posted...
MarceloSampaio posted...

For a lot of people emulation = piracy though.

Gotta wonder why (I don't, it's too obvious lol)

It's one of those annoying grey area things. Emulating the hardware is fine. If you own the software and just want to run it on something else, that's "fine". Pirating the software itself though is a no-go.
It's not the fall that kills you, it's the rapid deceleration.....
*shoves next poster off a cliff*

User Info: ElDudorino

ElDudorino
4 weeks ago#10
GameFAQs has a long and illustrious history of moderating people who talk about emulators. There was even a time when the Terms of Use specifically said that it's OK to talk about emulators, and one time I was moderated for talking about them, I referenced the part of the ToU which clearly showed I hadn't broken any rules, and they upheld the moderation. Later they removed that section from the ToU.

Another time they modded me for mentioning PSX emulation and they said that PSX emulators require BIOS files which cannot legally be obtained, and I replied explaining that in fact several major PSX emulators do not require you to download BIOS files and so again I had broken no rule. They again upheld the moderation, this time backtracking on their original rationale and just saying I can't talk about emulators.

Of course, other times an emulator topic can run its course with no moderation. The lesson in all of this is that there are no real rules on GameFAQs and it's pretty much random when a topic or post gets modded.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Loving my PC so far....
  • Topic Archived