This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I have found a fault with sites like g2a

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
4 weeks ago#11
I know Ubisoft revoked a bunch of grey-market/stolen keys and pissed everyone off some years back. Did everyone just forget that?
Also, didn't Epic or Gearbox or someone call them out as well? Along with the obvious and known story of the indie dev who called them out and graciously explained why it was so bad.
Big publishers these days often just eat the loss when things like this happen, in order to avoid the PR nightmare of punishing "paying customers". That, and it helps to validate the "service"(protection racket, basically) big, skeezy publishers provide.
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud

User Info: richisdisturbed

richisdisturbed
4 weeks ago#12
DarkZV2Beta posted...
I know Ubisoft revoked a bunch of grey-market/stolen keys and pissed everyone off some years back. Did everyone just forget that?
Also, didn't Epic or Gearbox or someone call them out as well? Along with the obvious and known story of the indie dev who called them out and graciously explained why it was so bad.
Big publishers these days often just eat the loss when things like this happen, in order to avoid the PR nightmare of punishing "paying customers". That, and it helps to validate the "service"(protection racket, basically) big, skeezy publishers provide.

If it were that big of an issue, we'd only be able to buy games from Steam or direct from the publisher.
Idiots voting for idiots.
Steam - richisdisturbed

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
4 weeks ago#13
Direct from the publisher is often what makes this happen, though. Also, obviously, there's more money to be made by keeping sales channels open than by closing them. That doesn't mean that skeezy gray market sites like G2A aren't skeezy.
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud

User Info: Ultimate_Noob

Ultimate_Noob
4 weeks ago#14
I'm pretty convinced G2A in particular was/is skeezy when it used to make you go through more demeaningly vain psychological loops than the 5 stages of grief in order to cancel a Shield subscription.

https://imgur.com/gallery/PUwPC
A pc's brain is the cpu, its heart is the motherboard, its stomach is the hard drive, and its anus is the user.

User Info: shmirlywhirl

shmirlywhirl
4 weeks ago#15
Hi TC I like your name.
Now with 100% real fruit juice
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I have found a fault with sites like g2a
  • Topic Archived