This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I have found a fault with sites like g2a

User Info: soda-popinski

soda-popinski
4 weeks ago#1
some games I want aren't even listed. I use dlcompare as a price aggregator. it checks g2a, cdkeys and a few others. I was looking for Shining Resonance Refrain and its not even listed on any of them. same with Shadow Complex.

another fault is the prices are at times only a couple bucks cheaper than the list price, such as with Cuphead or Thronebreaker. too bad...

User Info: -CJF-

-CJF-
4 weeks ago#2
most of the keys on those sites are from previous sales and bundles, so if a game is newer it might not be the best price or even listed at all

User Info: richisdisturbed

richisdisturbed
4 weeks ago#3
https://www.hrkgame.com/en/games/product/shadow-complex-remastered/

https://www.hrkgame.com/en/games/product/shining-resonance-refrain/

Just gotta learn how to look yourself, easy peasy.
Idiots voting for idiots.
Steam - richisdisturbed

User Info: AsucaHayashi

AsucaHayashi
4 weeks ago#4
soda-popinski posted...
another fault is the prices are at times only a couple bucks cheaper than the list price

so you're saying the sites are doing what they're supposed to be doing?
http://abload.de/img/pcgamingxtuvt.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/9Yv0R2Z.jpg

User Info: copper456

copper456
4 weeks ago#5
soda-popinski posted...
some games I want aren't even listed. I use dlcompare as a price aggregator. it checks g2a, cdkeys and a few others. I was looking for Shining Resonance Refrain and its not even listed on any of them. same with Shadow Complex.

dlcompare doesn't seem to list all the games available. Both Shining Resonance Refrain and Shadow Complex Remastered are available on G2A.

soda-popinski
4 weeks ago#6
oh...interesting. and thanks @richisdisturbed for that site. bookmarked it

User Info: Symbolz42

Symbolz42
4 weeks ago#7
copper456 posted...
soda-popinski posted...

dlcompare doesn't seem to list all the games available. Both Shining Resonance Refrain and Shadow Complex Remastered are available on G2A.

As if TC didnt actually check that before coming here to b**** about it. Wow.. how stupid does he/she look now lol
Religion is the biggest lie in the history of mankind.

soda-popinski
4 weeks ago#8
Its impossible for me to look stupid

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
4 weeks ago#9
Besides the fact that they allow people to sell/buy unsanctioned/non-regional keys with stolen credit cards costing small devs a fortune in chargebacks, to the point that some devs have actually said "please don't use these sites, pirate our game instead"? But I guess as long as they save a few bucks and have an "official" key, people don't give a s***.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: richisdisturbed

richisdisturbed
4 weeks ago#10
JKatarn posted...
Besides the fact that they allow people to sell/buy unsanctioned/non-regional keys with stolen credit cards costing small devs a fortune in chargebacks, to the point that some devs have actually said "please don't use these sites, pirate our game instead"? But I guess as long as they save a few bucks and have an "official" key, people don't give a s***.

- 1 dev said that.
- Only G2A have been called out for stolen credit cards.
- Piracy, based on studies over the last 20 years, clearly help a product sell.

If devs stopped churning out unfinished games & then blaming the customers for not buying, if they actually made games worth paying full price for, maybe they'd see an increase in sales.

Blaming the consumer & calling them thieves, is a surefire way to bury your company, if you only produce subpar games, like the dev in question.

So please, get off your high horse. An intelligent consumer looks for the cheapest price a product can be found for. You don't see Ikea crying about items being sold on eBay, PLEASE STEAL THEM INSTEAD.

Recycling the same old conversation is boring now. The games industry hasn't died out because of what that dev claimed, in fact, the industry grows year in, year out.
Idiots voting for idiots.
Steam - richisdisturbed
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I have found a fault with sites like g2a
  • Topic Archived