This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. EA cancels open world Star Wars game

User Info: Jules Rules

Jules Rules
1 month ago#1
https://kotaku.com/ea-cancels-open-world-star-wars-game-1831786371

Well, f***. I was really looking forward to this.
What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?

User Info: Voxwik

Voxwik
1 month ago#2
I'm still annoyed against the canceling of an adventure game. I can't believe I trusted that EA would support Mass Effect: Andromeda too, which I didn't think was that terrible and their leaving everything hanging is annoying.

I don't trust EA for single player experiences anymore. Granted this one wasn't going to be single player.

User Info: hardy3786

hardy3786
1 month ago#3
"Single player games is dead"

User Info: el_tercer_poder

el_tercer_poder
1 month ago#4
hardy3786 posted...

It's easy for them to make that claim when they are the ones "killing" single player projects to begin with...
On a related note, I hope Disney doesn't renew their contract with EA after SWBF2's disaster.
"Many of you feel bad for this lamp...That is because you're crazy.
It has no feelings! And the new one is much better." (IKEA's Lamp commercial)

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
1 month ago#5
Yeah I'm not sure how the contract is set up but Disney has to be aware of the fact that this publisher has made a grand total of 2 games since purchasing the license and cancelled the same amount after investing a lot of money into them. Hell, Warner Bros doesn't even have the license and they've made a better game than both Battlefronts since EA got the license. They're essentially pissing money away by not releasing a Star Wars game at least annually.

There were rumors early last year that Disney would strip it away. Maybe EA was fighting to keep it all year and finally lost. Whatever, give it to Ubisoft at this point, they'll reskin an Assassin's Creed and have it out by the holidays.
"Only idiots play games at ultra settings" - Fade2black001, 2018

User Info: VanderZoo

VanderZoo
1 month ago#6
I hope Disney takes note of how successful Spider-man was when they gave it to Sony instead of Activision, and likewise takes Star Wars away from EA and gives it to publishers that care.
We are Gamefaqs, opinions are prohibited.

User Info: blacklabelice

blacklabelice
1 month ago#7
you know i got a funny feeling that EA canned it because they figure they got the perfect formula to try to milk gamers wallets dry, and figure theyll be able to swindle alot of money out of the deal but no amount of money is enough for EA, and they dont want disney getting any of that, so theyre gonna can it, change up the skins, and herp it out as a "different" game so they can get every penny of the sales.

call me a tin foil hat guy, but i wouldnt put it past such a piece of s*** company for doing something like that
I cant afford a good vacation, so i'm just going to drink until i dont know where i am.

User Info: ZaruenKosai

ZaruenKosai
1 month ago#8
EA Does it again!

Round 1 SWG PRE CU VS NGE - EA WON ROUND 1 MANY YEARS AGO in 2008
Round 2 SWG OPEN WORLD MMO - NAHHHHHH! - EA WINS ROUND 2 in 2019

Why does EA Hate star wars: so much?
I6700K - ZOTAC GTX1080 - 16 GBDDR4 RAM- NU8000 49 Inch + LG C8 OLED55
"You'd best start believing in ghost stories Miss Turner. You're in one!"

User Info: BarbaricAvatar

BarbaricAvatar
1 month ago#9
Just as well, EA are getting good are messing up Star Wars. The only good ones we've had since 2011 have been Lego games which are cookie-cutter titles.
If you ran the world, it would probably be on fire right now.

User Info: HypnoCoosh

HypnoCoosh
1 month ago#10
hardy3786 posted...

Well they should know that I for one exclusively play single player games only.

I don't do online games, that s*** is garbage to me.
We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. - C.S. Lewis
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. EA cancels open world Star Wars game
  • Topic Archived