This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I hope this Epic Games company keep on getting big name games off of Steam

User Info: Oakland510_

Oakland510_
1 week ago#1
I don't know a single thing about Epic Games except they convinced a few companies to sell it only in their shop I think and or to just skip Steam. I hope more companies do this so Steam finally has competition now and they can focus on better sales, working better with developers/publishers, etc. instead of just sitting on their ass knowing people will buy games on their store no matter what. Now maybe they'll start caring and we'll have multiple companies truly competing with each other which would be great news for us. I was always a "no steam no buy" kinda guy but if better competition lets me buy games cheaper then I don't mind at all.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: GoIrish80

GoIrish80
1 week ago#2
Oakland510_ posted...
I was always a "no steam no buy" kinda guy but if better competition lets me buy games cheaper then I don't mind at all.

Then you were part of the reason why they were lazy. Congrats.

User Info: Oakland510_

Oakland510_
1 week ago#3
GoIrish80 posted...
Oakland510_ posted...
I was always a "no steam no buy" kinda guy but if better competition lets me buy games cheaper then I don't mind at all.

Sometimes I don't even buy it on Steam. I buy it on GMG but I always wanted the game on Steam. But if other game launchers or whatever you call it weren't so s***ty like Origin or that one Ubisoft one then I would buy it on those instead of Steam.

User Info: ryouma17

ryouma17
1 week ago#4
breaking news: penny pinchers like to pinch pennys
http://i.imgur.com/GIugA1n.gifv
https://i.imgur.com/ZVQbkqz.jpg

User Info: ImaPC

ImaPC
1 week ago#5
Oakland510_ posted...
GoIrish80 posted...
Oakland510_ posted...

Sometimes I don't even buy it on Steam. I buy it on GMG but I always wanted the game on Steam. But if other game launchers or whatever you call it weren't so s***ty like Origin or that one Ubisoft one then I would buy it on those instead of Steam.

For one, Valve doesn't control prices on Steam. They don't decide how much a game is going to be on sale for. It's up to the publisher of said game.

Two, Valve is actually letting you get cheaper games at places like GMG, and other key selling sites because Valve allows free key generation. If Valve wanted to stop doing that they could, and effectively kill competition and force more sales through Steam and not from key selling sites.
Epic have a launcher that refuses to install on certain computers, this has been a known issue by Epic for over 3 years, & is even listed as one of the main issues in their help section, yet it still hasn't been resolved.

Epic is competition to nobody.

Shame really, the PC world could do with the competition.
Idiots voting for idiots.
Steam - richisdisturbed
I don't like it because it's about launcher to instill.

User Info: DiviDude

DiviDude
1 week ago#8
richisdisturbed posted...
Epic have a launcher that refuses to install on certain computers, this has been a known issue by Epic for over 3 years, & is even listed as one of the main issues in their help section, yet it still hasn't been resolved.

People have been complaining about the lack of bandwidth limiting since 2015 and it still isn't there. How long would that take to code, really?

User Info: Jules Rules

Jules Rules
1 week ago#9
Exclusives suck in general. Every game should be on every platform and let the consumer decide. Then you can have your sale events for competition and stuff.
What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?
DiviDude posted...
richisdisturbed posted...

People have been complaining about the lack of bandwidth limiting since 2015 and it still isn't there. How long would that take to code, really?

You think they'd pull out all the stops if they wanted to be a legit competitor, but noooo, we'll just get The Division 2 exclusive to our storefont instead! (LOL)
Idiots voting for idiots.
Steam - richisdisturbed
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I hope this Epic Games company keep on getting big name games off of Steam