This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Resident Evil 2 looks to be the most demanding 4K PC game to date

User Info: ArcadeGuy

ArcadeGuy
1 week ago#1
14GB VRAM to 100% max the visual settings in native 4K. Radeon VII looks very temping in a new build.
Geforce RTX 2080 w/ 55" Sony 4K HDR OLED

User Info: -CJF-

-CJF-
1 week ago#2
Yeah, I was lagging pretty hard with my GTX 970 even on medium/low 1080p :(

Guess that 3.5 gb vram came back to bite me in the ass afterall
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: AfterFortune

AfterFortune
1 week ago#3
the VII is too expensive for a gaming card. It is a great deal if you want a compute card though. The VII makes me pretty interested in AMD's high end Navi die though. With GDDR6 and a bigger die the thing will be beefier and hopefully cheaper as well
steam is malware

User Info: Crenlar

Crenlar
1 week ago#4
The game uses nowhere near 14gb. Demo starts at 8gb for 4k max and then slowly rises to near 9 gb by the end as if theres a memory leak. Or maybe thats the shadow caching.
I am Crenrel and I approve this message.

ArcadeGuy
1 week ago#5
Crenlar posted...
The game uses nowhere near 14gb. Demo starts at 8gb for 4k max and then slowly rises to near 9 gb by the end as if theres a memory leak. Or maybe thats the shadow caching.

The game is 14GB VRAM, it says this in the settings. PC visually looks way better than the consoles.
(edited 1 week ago)

ArcadeGuy
1 week ago#6
AfterFortune posted...
the VII is too expensive for a gaming card. It is a great deal if you want a compute card though. The VII makes me pretty interested in AMD's high end Navi die though. With GDDR6 and a bigger die the thing will be beefier and hopefully cheaper as well

RTX 2080 retails $799 at Nvidia so this is $100 less and includes 3 new games valued at $180.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: rlwpe234

rlwpe234
1 week ago#7
PC is a hardware manipulated industry. Those manufacturers need to make money somehow. Remember when your new GPU was a beast? Is still is but they chose to screw you over by not supporting it.

Nvidia "You need to make your games only run on newer cards" *Slips money under table.

Crenlar
1 week ago#8
ArcadeGuy posted...
Crenlar posted...

The game is 14GB VRAM, it says this in the settings.

This guys MSI Afterburner says otherwise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQRa_rmAtqM

ArcadeGuy
1 week ago#9
Crenlar posted...
ArcadeGuy posted...
Crenlar posted...

Its strange how the settings says this. I changed it to DX12 which killed my performance while DX11 gives me 60fps w/ Vync 4K max settings.

Crenlar
1 week ago#10
ArcadeGuy posted...
Crenlar posted...
ArcadeGuy posted...
Crenlar posted...

Its strange how the settings says this. I changed it to DX12 which killed my performance while DX11 gives me 60fps w/ Vync 4K max settings.

GTA 5 is the opposite. The settings might say 4gb will be used but it actually uses 6gb.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Resident Evil 2 looks to be the most demanding 4K PC game to date