This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. AGDQ bans creepy dude for sexual harassment and a gold digger for fake ticket

User Info: LordCooler

LordCooler
1 week ago#1
https://twitter.com/cdgexe/status/1083498914102329344

Story went like this basically:

Guy and girl agree that he pays for her flight and lets her stay in his hotel room in exchange she engages in sexual activities with him.

When they get there, girl doesn't want to honor their agreement, completely within her rights.

Guy withdraws consent of her staying in his room and kicks her out, completely within his rights.

Girl accuses him of sexual harassment to AGDQ staff. He gets banned for life without any investigation. She gets banned herself for 2 years because she tried to get into the venue with a fake ticket.

User Info: sonic_c_tail

sonic_c_tail
1 week ago#2
You know how it is with white knight companies. In holland it would probably be considered a fair exchange for her services.
DarkZV2Beta -No, because PS2 was garbage, and is the primary cause of the collapse of the Japanese game market in the mid 2000s. https://i.imgur.com/FMxcdHw.jpg

User Info: LazyyAmerican

LazyyAmerican
1 week ago#3
I mean...this whole story just reeks of stupid...I feel sorry for nobody.
What is freedom?
The hell's an AGDQ?

& no, I didn't click the link.
Idiots voting for idiots.
Steam - richisdisturbed
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
1 week ago#5
I mean... I don't think what he did gets to the point of a permanent GDQ ban since the girl was obviously complicit, but he *did* solicit her first from what it seems like.

Hell, an adventurous attorney could probably twist that into some form of solicitation of prostitution (offering compensation in exchange for sex), although it probably wouldn't get anywhere.
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
1 week ago#6
I'll say this, as annoying as some of the decisions AGDQ has made the last few years are, I don't really blame them for just banning the dude and wiping their hands clean of it. They should've given the girl the same ban, but they probably suppose she won't even bother to come to the event considering she wasn't even willing to go with her own money in the first place.
"Only idiots play games at ultra settings" - Fade2black001, 2018

User Info: gtomanga

gtomanga
1 week ago#7
AGDQ? whats that? is it another one of those millennial US movements that's been going around?
Ys,megaman,harvest moon,sly cooper,rune factory,shin megami tensei,growlanser,superman,bomberman,shump,sonic,megaman fan

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
1 week ago#8
gtomanga posted...
AGDQ? whats that? is it another one of those millennial US movements that's been going around?

Awesome Games Done Quick - those events where programmers/devs get together over like a weekend or something and crank out as many small new games as they can in that time.
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23

User Info: Tyranius2

Tyranius2
1 week ago#9
KillerTruffle posted...
Hell, an adventurous attorney could probably twist that into some form of solicitation of prostitution

It definitely is and they should both be locked up. Not that I agree, but the law is the law.

However, this isn't sexual harassment in any way. She abused her power as a woman to get him banned out of revenge.
I have lived to see Bolsonaro elected president of Brazil!! What a time to be alive!
Mirror of Kalandra drop - 7th of August 2018

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
1 week ago#10
KillerTruffle posted...
gtomanga posted...

Awesome Games Done Quick - those events where programmers/devs get together over like a weekend or something and crank out as many small new games as they can in that time.

? Link says it's just video-game marathons, you're thinking of something different. Also, lol at the hypocrisy of this guy wearing a cross around his neck in his Twitter profile pic despite trying to solicit sex from some streamer. Even though it was a skeazy thing to do, I do think it's kind of unfair that he was banned for life for soliciting on the premises, but she only gets a two year ban despite basically prostituting herself/initially planning to have sex with some random dude to go to this thing.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
(edited 1 week ago)
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. AGDQ bans creepy dude for sexual harassment and a gold digger for fake ticket