This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Resident Evil 2 4K maxed requires 14GB VRAM.

User Info: MrXGamer

MrXGamer
2 months ago#1
Well, see... the 16GB VRAM on Radeon VII doesn't sound like an overkill after all. These VRAM requirements will only go up as next gen comes.

By the way, RE2 is super well optimized. I only have RX 580 8GB. I can run it maxed (except Textures at 3GB) and it's a solid 60 FPS with only 70% GPU usage.

Looks and plays great. Go check it out.
Now Playing (and for the next 50 years): Path of Exile!
Win 10 Pro | Vive Pro | PS4 Pro | The only Pro platforms for Pro gamers.

User Info: richisdisturbed

richisdisturbed
2 months ago#2
6GB 1060 can't run it anywhere near max, still looks amazing but it's made me want to upgrade my card so I get the best out of this game, been waiting years for it!

Suppose I'll be ready for the eventual FF7 remake that way, too.
Idiots voting for idiots.
Steam - richisdisturbed

User Info: AfterFortune

AfterFortune
2 months ago#3
I wonder if they went overboard on the VRAM because it is a pack in title with the VII which comes with 16 GB. Regardless seems like 16 GB of VRAM will be the new standard for next gen games.
steam is malware

User Info: WebsandWigs

WebsandWigs
2 months ago#4
4K is a very expensive gimmick
Hi

User Info: MrXGamer

MrXGamer
2 months ago#5
richisdisturbed posted...
6GB 1060 can't run it anywhere near max, still looks amazing but it's made me want to upgrade my card so I get the best out of this game, been waiting years for it!

^ That sounds wrong. People are reporting max (except textures) for 1060 as well. That card is almost equivalent to RX 580.

I guess the only difference is the freaking Nvidia drivers. They always suck. Can you select DX12, by the way? I could never run it on my previous Nvidia card for some reason, but RX 580 can do DX12. That helps with performance too.
Now Playing (and for the next 50 years): Path of Exile!
Win 10 Pro | Vive Pro | PS4 Pro | The only Pro platforms for Pro gamers.

User Info: richisdisturbed

richisdisturbed
2 months ago#6
MrXGamer posted...
richisdisturbed posted...

^ That sounds wrong. People are reporting max (except textures) for 1060 as well. That card is almost equivalent to RX 580.

I guess the only difference is the freaking Nvidia drivers. They always suck. Can you select DX12, by the way? I could never run it on my previous Nvidia card for some reason, but RX 580 can do DX12. That helps with performance too.

I may have to have a better look at the settings when it launchs in that case then. I didn't even go max in the settings, and I ended up with like 20 FPS at one point. I ended up just choosing the balanced preset, & then just notched everything up a bit.

I was ingame though, so I was rushing because of that damn 30 minute timer, stupidly didn't do the settings beforehand.
Idiots voting for idiots.
Steam - richisdisturbed

User Info: GoIrish80

GoIrish80
2 months ago#7
WebsandWigs posted...

Just like 1080p, 720p, 480i, and every other technology advance that some schmuck inevitably declared was a "gimmick."

User Info: DaidaHibana

DaidaHibana
2 months ago#8
GoIrish80 posted...
WebsandWigs posted...

Just like 1080p, 720p, 480i, and every other technology advance that some schmuck inevitably declared was a "gimmick."

There is no visible difference between 1080p and 4K on typical monitor size and view distance, however the price to keep up with 4K demands very expensive.

User Info: zhenghan

zhenghan
2 months ago#9
WebsandWigs posted...
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish

User Info: Sir_Haxor

Sir_Haxor
2 months ago#10
Sounds poorly optimized, might refund my preorder from GMG. I'll test it out on my rig in an hour.
Z370 | i7 8700 | Cryorig M9i | EVGA GTX 1080ti | EVGA GS 650w | 16GB DDR4 | WDB 3TB |500GB SSD | Toshiba 500GB | Challenger S | VS XG2703-GS | LG 27UD68 |
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Resident Evil 2 4K maxed requires 14GB VRAM.
  • Topic Archived