This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. IS it just me? Or did Steam winter sale just suck this year?

User Info: TrulyEpicLawls

TrulyEpicLawls
1 month ago#61
BarbaricAvatar posted...
TrulyEpicLawls posted...
Born Lucky posted...
muccmasterx posted...
Born Lucky posted...
Knighted Dragon posted...
Percent off doesn't mean crap, they jack up the base price

No they don't

If you're just going to make stuff up, why bother posting?

Yes they do and anyone with half a brain can easily prove this. If you don't know what you're talking about, why bother posting?

No they don't - you're lying

I have more than 100 games on my wishlist - the only thing that's happened to the base prices , is they've come down

NONE of the base prices have gone up, and a simple check on steamdb will prove that.

If you're going to lie - don't post.

That's right, people are disagreeing just to lie and to spite your omniscience.

In the UK, Assassin's Creed Rogue has gone up in base price twice in 2 years.

Because it was remastered and had extra content including DLC packs over the original release. You're not comparing apples with apples. If you re-release a game with more content in the box then you're entitled to charge more for it.

The remaster was released on console.

In 2018.

And I'm talking about the base game's price, which was released before 2018 of course.
Argument winners: strawman, calm down, troll/hater, you obviously, LOL, don't care, I'm done, actually this is funny, not wasting my time, butthurt, keep trying

User Info: corrosivesoap

corrosivesoap
1 month ago#62
i'd don't know that they sucked, they're just different now with how games are. steam has refunds, devs are trying to initiate "games as a service" models, and less prominent AAA games have been coming out over the years. look at this wiki page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Video_games_by_year

i'd say the height of steam is when game releases started to shrink. imo only indie devs are making cool new and interesting stuff. AAA games are all using previous IP's.
Steam: leinenkugelbugel
(message deleted)

User Info: soda-popinski

soda-popinski
1 month ago#64
The sale was actually pretty good. A few of my wishlist items were at good prices. I only bought one thing because I spent big during black friday.

User Info: Superrpgman

Superrpgman
1 month ago#65
@corrosivesoap
i'd don't know that they sucked, they're just different now with how games are. steam has refunds, devs are trying to initiate "games as a service" models, and less prominent AAA games have been coming out over the years. look at this wiki page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Video_games_by_year

i'd say the height of steam is when game releases started to shrink. imo only indie devs are making cool new and interesting stuff. AAA games are all using previous IP's.

First of all, yeah, it's true that AAA publishers put out less games each year, and it is kind sad. That said, that list includes indie games like Pillars Eternity 2, and is likely missing a lot of games, so it doesn't seem like a good source to prove that point.
FC: SW-3046-2401-0737
Add me, esppecially if you like Indie games!

User Info: corrosivesoap

corrosivesoap
1 month ago#66
Superrpgman posted...
@corrosivesoap

First of all, yeah, it's true that AAA publishers put out less games each year, and it is kind sad. That said, that list includes indie games like Pillars Eternity 2, and is likely missing a lot of games, so it doesn't seem like a good source to prove that point.

I was just using that as a reference of the number of titles listed. Yeah it's wikipedia but I just wanted to throw something on there quick. There just aren't as many AAA games anymore. Too many big publishers don't want to risk a new IP. No more things like Dead Space, Resident Evil, Halo, Arkham series, Darksiders. All of them are just being remade even if the previous one was awful.

It's why I think I rarely ever buy AAA games anymore. Nothing is ever new. It's all the same stuff. It's happening in all media industries. Not just videogames.
Steam: leinenkugelbugel

User Info: DARQ MX

DARQ MX
4 weeks ago#67
WoodenRook posted...
Literally everything on my wishlist was on sale... Maybe your expectations are too high?

just no AAA
OC'd Intel i5 2500k 4.8gz|16GB G.Skill RJaws|AsRock z68 Extreme4 G3|eVGA GTX1070 FTW |eVGA 650w GS PSU|All EKWB & Bitspower water-cooled

User Info: Lienhart

Lienhart
4 weeks ago#68
DARQ MX posted...
WoodenRook posted...
Literally everything on my wishlist was on sale... Maybe your expectations are too high?

just no AAA

A lot of this board prefers indies lol
I like to go really fast
https://media.giphy.com/media/xT9IgDmMQGjEboTHyM/giphy.gif
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. IS it just me? Or did Steam winter sale just suck this year?
  • Topic Archived