This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is the Tyranny gold edition worth getting?

User Info: KingKilvas

KingKilvas
4 weeks ago#1
I saw on GOG that the Tyranny Deluxe Edition and the Tyranny Gold Edition are $20 each as part of their Winter Sale. While they are the same price, the Gold Edition contains everything the Deluxe Edition does and also contains the Bastard's Wound and Tales from the Tiers DLC.

Normally I would immediately consider getting the Gold Edition, since it is the same price but contains more than the Deluxe. But the DLC has gotten mixed to negative reviews on Steam and GOG which is making me wonder if its worth getting for the game.

To people who have played Tyranny, do I need the DLC? Or should I just get the Deluxe Edition and pass on the DLC?
Drink cactus juice! It'll quench ya! Nothin's quenchier! It's the quenchiest!

User Info: GTL581

GTL581
4 weeks ago#2
If they're the same price, i don't see the harm in going with the gold edition? Not like you have to play the dlc

User Info: DiviDude

DiviDude
4 weeks ago#3
I'm told the game pretty much has no ending; does the DLC fix that or is it still left up in the air?

User Info: Kinoringan

Kinoringan
4 weeks ago#4
The dlc doesn't add much. You be better of just playing the vanilla version. But if other editions are in the same price go ahead and buy it.

User Info: metaphysician

metaphysician
4 weeks ago#5
The game entirely has an ending. Its just not a conclusive one for the world.

User Info: ElDudorino

ElDudorino
4 weeks ago#6
metaphysician posted...
The game entirely has an ending. Its just not a conclusive one for the world.

The ending is "Oh my god, something amazing is about to happen and the true story is about to begin! Aaaaaand, roll credits."

It's only an "ending" in the sense that the game, well, ends there.

User Info: Kharillle

Kharillle
4 weeks ago#7
Tempted to go for it, but I want to play that earlier game pillars. And before that, I want to finish baldurs gate 2. In fact, need to start my game of baldurs gate 2, only seen the starting screen and dropped it.
No time for games so I twitch. Youtube is good. Two monitors at any one time. My graphics card ist krap.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is the Tyranny gold edition worth getting?
  • Topic Archived