This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I'm planning on building a new PC in the new year for gaming.

User Info: SpacedDuck

SpacedDuck
1 month ago#1
I currently have an i74770 k with a 1080 ti.

I'm enjoying this pc and have only had to upgrade GPUs over the last several years.

Started with a 700 something then went to a 980ti then to my current 1080 ti.

I play mostly shooters and seem to get around 60-90fps at 3440x1440 ultra wide.

Anyways I'm due I think for an upgrade as I'm finding games are stuttering a bit more as new ones come out and I try to run them at ultra or full settings.

My budget is disgusting I know as I've been saving and want to make this one an absolute monster.

Id like to keep it under $5,500 and won't be reusing anything from my current pc as I'll keep it as a spare.

Problem is outside of GPUs I'm dumb when it comes to what's best to pick.

With the budget I listed what would be the best bet for the next rig?

Is SLI even worth my time or do hardly any games support it?

Regarding my current PC is there anything there I can really do to enhance it outside of another GPU upgrade?

I've never overclocked my CPU as I truly have no idea how but is that worth looking at to maybe get me into next fall when pricing may drop?

Keep/Kept the Faith! Forever a member of Red Sox Nation!

User Info: GoIrish80

GoIrish80
1 month ago#2
$5,500 is A LOT of money for a PC. I mean I could go to pcpartpicker and just start picking out good/expensive stuff and be at like half that without even caring about price. Like this.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/BWBZKB

Anyway.....I would hope you know what you want and what these things are capable of, so pick whatever the best is that you're ok with considering you're alleged budget. And no I don't think SLI is worth it anymore, and I'm not big into OC'ing but it's your call.

User Info: SpacedDuck

SpacedDuck
1 month ago#3
Well I'm going to build myself so I won't be doing over priced pre builds.

I'll buy everything via Newegg and Canada Computers.

Keep/Kept the Faith! Forever a member of Red Sox Nation!
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I'm planning on building a new PC in the new year for gaming.
  • Topic Archived