This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Getting steam to see games

User Info: loader963

loader963
1 month ago#1
Ok, I swapped some drives out and replaced them in my rig. I renamed them the same as the ones replaced and copied images from a backup with macrium reflect to them. But steam doesn’t see my games.

If I make that folder the default folder and try to install a game I already got installed, it will discover it without having to dl anything will add it to the library, albeit very slowly. I tried removing the game folder in the steam settings and then adding it back but no dice. Oddly, all the origin and uplay games I added to my steam library showed up and even the icons I dl’ed from google for grid view are there?

Real question #1 is, what did I do wrong? I’ve done this before without a problem, although usually I copy from old drive to new drive. The reason I didn’t is because I’m out of sata ports and figured my backup images would work. And #2, is there a faster way of doing this besides individually installing each as it won’t just let me do 2 or more at same time as it’s “discovering” rather than downloading.
I can be patient, but I'm not waiting!

User Info: ZaruenKosai

ZaruenKosai
1 month ago#2
You were supposed to move each game from the steam library menu.
If it s beeing added to your library again slowly, most likely you are redownloading it.
I6700K - ZOTAC GTX1080 - 16 GBDDR4 RAM- NU8000 49 Inch + LG C8 OLED55
"You'd best start believing in ghost stories Miss Turner. You're in one!"

loader963
1 month ago#3
Yes but that takes forever moving individually. I figured out my mistake. I copy pasted from my backup drive when I should have just copied the whole drive image to the new drives.

And it only dl’s a second once it starts. I think it’s just doing a verify check on files cuz my slow internet would never dl as fast.

User Info: unknown_VS

unknown_VS
1 month ago#4
I think in fact you can just move around games as you like you just have to keep the manifest file at the same location...
Probably you messed up there somewhere.
J-Pop

loader963
1 month ago#5
^yep. I just straight copied the files from the common folders. I should have done the main folder and that would have been fine. Or just have used the image like I was supposed to.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Getting steam to see games
  • Topic Archived