This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. is a 27" monitor too big for 1080p?

User Info: Master_Happosai

Master_Happosai
3 months ago#11
unknown_VS posted...
Master_Happosai posted...
I am responding to you on a 27 inch 1080p monitor.

In my opinion, if you were to use 1440p for awhile, then come back to 1080p, you would probably notice a difference and may feel uncomfortable with 1080p.
I don't 720p often, but when i do, it really looks awful to me. Back when i was playing PS3/Xbox 360 in 720p, it looked amazing.

720p on consoles look way better than on pc, has nothing to do with the monitor.

720p is 720p. Aint gonna look any different on PC or consoles.

User Info: unknown_VS

unknown_VS
3 months ago#12
unknown_VS posted...
I am responding to you on a 27 inch 1080p monitor.

In my opinion, if you were to use 1440p for awhile, then come back to 1080p, you would probably notice a difference and may feel uncomfortable with 1080p.
I don't 720p often, but when i do, it really looks awful to me. Back when i was playing PS3/Xbox 360 in 720p, it looked amazing.

720p on consoles look way better than on pc, has nothing to do with the monitor.

720p is 720p. Aint gonna look any different on PC or consoles.

Lol not at all. Consoles have tons of effects to make the picture softer.
PC looks way sharper, and thus more pixilated.

I thought thats common knowledge tbh
J-Pop

User Info: godplaysSNES

godplaysSNES
3 months ago#13
Many late-gen games on the 360/PS3 were upscaled to 720p. And their settings could be even lower than PC's lowest settings.
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!

User Info: unknown_VS

unknown_VS
3 months ago#14
godplaysSNES posted...
Many late-gen games on the 360/PS3 were upscaled to 720p. And their settings could be even lower than PC's lowest settings.

Yeap + tons of cheap AA and motion blur.

One could make the point in saying they prefer the sharper look on PC, but it doesn't look the same.

PC games always have this "pc games look" to me, everything is sharp and you see "stairs" everywhere.

This turns around at higher resolutions where pc looks actually better and console more blurry - even at same resolutions, for example TR 2013 is unplayable for me on PS4, motion blur, input lag... ughhh.

Just because something has the same resolution doesn't mean IQ is the same too...
J-Pop

User Info: Dredj

Dredj
3 months ago#15
MadMadMark posted...
I think 24 inch is the sweet spot for 1080p. 27inch the sweet spot for 1440p and 50 inch for 4k.
Outside of these sweet spots you either waste resolution or stretch the pixal density to far.

This is basically correct.

If you increase your frame size you should increase resolution. Match your resolution to the frame size, for example 2560x1440p, the 25 of 2560 is your inches, so for that resolution it's a 27 frame". For UHD(3840x2160) get 40" and for 4K(4096x2160) get a 42" frame.

27" is too big for 1080p, 20" is optimal but 24" is cemented as the defacto size for 1080p.

With the rule of thumb above, the inverse of that is not true, meaning displaying a higher resolution on a smaller frame increases image quality. 1440p on a 24" frame for example, or your mobile phone which is probably 1440p on a 5.5" display.

User Info: ZaruenKosai

ZaruenKosai
3 months ago#16
unknown_VS posted...
godplaysSNES posted...

Yeap + tons of cheap AA and motion blur.

One could make the point in saying they prefer the sharper look on PC, but it doesn't look the same.

PC games always have this "pc games look" to me, everything is sharp and you see "stairs" everywhere.

This turns around at higher resolutions where pc looks actually better and console more blurry - even at same resolutions, for example TR 2013 is unplayable for me on PS4, motion blur, input lag... ughhh.

Just because something has the same resolution doesn't mean IQ is the same too...

Are you comparing playing console games on a tv and pc games on a monitor..

because thats arbitrariy. You should try playing both console games and pc games on a monitor, and on a tv. I have a feeling this is causing you to think incorrectly.

Console Graphics are worse than PC Period. 720p on console is the same as 720p on Pc. It could be your pc graphics are just s***
I6700K - ZOTAC GTX1080 - 16 GBDDR4 RAM- NU8000 49 Inch + LG C8 OLED55
"You'd best start believing in ghost stories Miss Turner. You're in one!"
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. is a 27" monitor too big for 1080p?
  • Topic Archived