This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Wtf Destiny 2 was free recently?

User Info: Oakland510_

Oakland510_
1 month ago#1
I just saw recently it was free but I didn't know how tf I missed it. I heard the game got a lot better with the paid DLC. I'm just hoping the main game is free again then maybe buy the dlc depending on the opinions on the game. I heard Destiny 2 was pretty s***ty at launch, how is it now?

User Info: Lucavi000

Lucavi000
1 month ago#2
yes it was free on bnet. There were a few posts here about it.
"Doesn't matter, still obtainable. You were wrong, simply admit it and apologize for your ignorance and s*** attitude." - Firemage7777 to SuperZay

User Info: wizardmon

wizardmon
1 month ago#3
It's a trap, nothing you do in the free version matters because all the endgame stuff needs a higher light level which you can only get by buying the DLC which costs as much as the full game anyways.
Why Master_Faust can't see any posts on PCH: http://i.imgur.com/Ns93rhC.png

User Info: Suuns

Suuns
1 month ago#4
I tried it and it feels and plays like it wants all your money.
Not worth it really.

Goodish game with gray backstory is not worth anything these days,
since there are so many good and beyond good games to play.
Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?

User Info: wizardmon

wizardmon
1 month ago#5
Suuns posted...

Activision-Blizzard even stated on record to their shareholders that the game isn't making as much money as possible and promised to add more pay-to-play & monetized content to it.
Why Master_Faust can't see any posts on PCH: http://i.imgur.com/Ns93rhC.png

User Info: PrettyTonyTiger

PrettyTonyTiger
1 month ago#6
Suuns posted...
Not worth it really.

Goodish game with gray backstory is not worth anything these days,
since there are so many good and beyond good games to play.

wizardmon posted...
It's a trap, nothing you do in the free version matters because all the endgame stuff needs a higher light level which you can only get by buying the DLC which costs as much as the full game anyways.

Damn really? Guess I'm not gonna bother installing it.
when i'm coming through your city you know i'm in town
https://gfycat.com/BountifulHarmlessDungbeetle

User Info: Kokuei05

Kokuei05
1 month ago#7
It's still fun none the less.
i7-6700K @ Stock | Team Vulcan 16GB 3000Mhz | Zotac 8GB GTX 1080 Mini | EA232WMI 79hz
e7470 | i5-6300U || Surface Pro 2 i5 || OnePlus 5t || iPad Air 2 9.0

User Info: MacrossSpecial

MacrossSpecial
1 month ago#8
The campaign was fun to play with friends but I'm not into grindy stuff anymore so we dropped it after finishing the main game.
...Dude, you're a ****ing douche. Get off my god damn internets.
- RX7Infinitilll

User Info: Axeof_WoeK

Axeof_WoeK
1 month ago#9
The DLC is confusing but it seems like one of those games where you are going to want to drop money on the 'seasons' or w/e to stay current if youre going to bother playing it at all beyond the F2P portion. 70 bucks for the current DLC plus the next one I think?

For me, I was pleasantly surprised it wasnt totally bland but it still felt shallower than I would like in the core class/shooting mechanics area. Dont get me wrong I'm glad they didnt go full ability-gimmick spam with the classes but I was still left wanting a bit more. The shooting itself felt good for ADS style/light cover based shooting. Movement is serviceable but bland.

I had some variety in weapon types but the gear treadmill was quite boring since you always want your highest light(power) level items equipped because your light level influences item drops light level. Outside of the friends I played with the game felt kinda like a total ghost-town from the interaction front, which is weird because there were people around. I never bothered with pvp at all because I heard its peer-to-peer and you have to grind pve gear to even achieve an equal footing to start from.

User Info: mikey_205

mikey_205
1 month ago#10
I played the first couple of solo missions and had some fun. As soon as I got to the first social combat area with respawning enemies and levels I got bored and uninstalled.

If I want to play an MMO I've always got FFXIV. This felt like a sort of poor halfway house.
Pokemon X FC 4940-6875-7569
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Wtf Destiny 2 was free recently?
  • Topic Archived