This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Steam Is Banning Lolis games.

User Info: ritsuka66

ritsuka66
1 month ago#1
https://kotaku.com/steam-is-banning-sex-games-with-young-looking-character-1830949017

A bit...childish if you ask me.
Life....Hope...Dreams, What are these things? And where are they going? These things... I will destroy! -KEFKA -
(message deleted)
(message deleted)

User Info: Village Idiot

Village Idiot
1 month ago#4
As someone who regularly plays Visual Novels

*shrug*

The vast majority of visual novels with h-scenes are just thrown in for sales and doesn't affect the story.

If Steam isn't allowing it, just go buy it off the official store website then.

It just means only renai visual novels will be allowed on Steam, which are usually just the VN with the h-scenes removed. Sometimes they even add new characters/events/routes that's not in the original h-version.
PSN - Zaphikl
Now Playing - Mana Khemia~Student Alliance, Project Diva F, Tales of Xillia, Spelunky, Teleglitch

User Info: ForteEXE3850

ForteEXE3850
1 month ago#5
A lot of anime (at least their localized versions) and anime games get around the "18" thing by never actually mentioning age, but now there is a crack down on characters that "look" young. The thing is, a very large portion of anime characters look nothing like what their described age range in real life would be.

The JoJo's Bizarre Adventure characters look muscular and mature, but they're officially teenagers.

And there are very short female anime characters with no breasts that are adults (who essentially never age visually even if the story takes place over years).

In many anime, unless someone is intentionally meant to look very old, everyone looks young regardless of their age. There are 40+ year old women with the same young skin complexion of teenagers.

Village Idiot posted...
If Steam isn't allowing it, just go buy it off the official store website then.

It just means only renai visual novels will be allowed on Steam, which are usually just the VN with the h-scenes removed. Sometimes they even add new characters/events/routes that's not in the original h-version.

The reason these visual novel companies want to be on Steam so badly is because there is a huge source of potential revenue there, even if they have to censor their games.

While in the short term you're right, if you want the sex scenes you can just buy it somewhere else, but it may mean overall reduced revenue for the visual novel company, which means less games, or none if they go out of business.
Mwahahahaha.

User Info: BootLoxes

BootLoxes
1 month ago#6
I wonder how long it will take until a store is made that distributes these types of games uncensored in the west. With Sony going all SJW and the removal of some of the steam games, i feel developers are really getting frustrated with the restriction of their creative freedom.
7700K 4.5GHZ | GTX 1070 | 16 GB RAM 3000MHZ | Samsung Evo 1TB | Asus Z170 A-R

User Info: spud_almighty

spud_almighty
1 month ago#7
Good! Bunch of freaks!

User Info: zhenghan

zhenghan
1 month ago#8
This is stupid , a girl looking young doesnt mean she is underage. Pretty much every anime girl looks young so basically everything is banned.
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish

User Info: Sailor_Razor

Sailor_Razor
1 month ago#9
So how long do have to wait for those drawings to become legal?

User Info: gtomanga

gtomanga
1 month ago#10
Sailor_Razor posted...
So how long do have to wait for those drawings to become legal?

Generation Z era.
Ys,megaman,harvest moon,sly cooper,rune factory,shin megami tensei,growlanser,superman,bomberman,shump,sonic,megaman fan
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Steam Is Banning Lolis games.
  • Topic Archived