This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. rip Steam.

User Info: Sir_Meowcat_Esq

Sir_Meowcat_Esq
1 month ago#31
unknown_VS posted...
Just for fun, go in an online game, look at a profile of someone and try to add or block them...

(and double check if it worked - because it most likely won't...)

Just to see if I did this right... I went in a game, went to random guy's Steam profile via in-game scoreboard and blocked communications with him, left game, found him in community tab, and he is still blocked there. Restarted Steam just to see if that mattered, still blocked.

Or what else was I suppose to be looking for?

PS... not tryin to be an argumentative fanboy here, just don't get the problem/how Epic's is better.

User Info: unknown_VS

unknown_VS
1 month ago#32
Sir_Meowcat_Esq posted...
unknown_VS posted...
Just for fun, go in an online game, look at a profile of someone and try to add or block them...

(and double check if it worked - because it most likely won't...)

Just to see if I did this right... I went in a game, went to random guy's Steam profile via in-game scoreboard and blocked communications with him, left game, found him in community tab, and he is still blocked there. Restarted Steam just to see if that mattered, still blocked.

Or what else was I suppose to be looking for?

PS... not tryin to be an argumentative fanboy here, just don't get the problem/how Epic's is better.

If you did that through the Steam BPM overlay (which is likely) then yeah that's what you were supposed to do...

Doesnt work for me and several others I've asked. It makes a sound like a confirmation, but the players don't get actually blocked or added...

AND I tried to turn off the overlay in properties... That didn't fix it either because I just can't open the *normal* Steam overlay at all - it's set to default to open with Shift+Tab, but it just won't work...

Reinstalled Steam too, didn't fix it.

And that's just one of a plethora of issues I have with this "Steam client"...

No idea if Epic's is better but I sure hope Steam fixes there's, because it gets more non functional with every update.
J-Pop

User Info: 2018_GT

2018_GT
1 month ago#33
sfcalimari posted...
Too bad Epic won't be making any more dumb preteen games like Fortnite because they're too busy running a store.

Lol and why would that stop them from making games? Do you actually think they have their game programmers, artists, animators, and audio engineers working on the store?

User Info: Darkstorm16

Darkstorm16
1 month ago#34
I stick with steam because games are generally cheaper...and not all games I like are on gog.com and that’s the only other one I’d trust
Nintendo Network/PSN: Desertking24/Steam:Desertking23
Mario Maker: 4481-0000-0110-25DA

User Info: pothocket

pothocket
1 month ago#35
lol their UI is so good it doesn't even need a search function!
http://www.koalastothemax.com/?aHR0cDovL2kuaW1ndXIuY29tL3pnMGpYWDcuanBn

User Info: Nmilek1

Nmilek1
1 month ago#36
Steam will remain #1 by virtue of how invested people are youre never going to get guys like me with 1000+ games on steam to suddenly abandon it completley, I have Uplay, Origin, Battlenet, GoG Galaxy and Epics store all installed but I only own a handfull on any of them by comparison.

User Info: Matem_viados

Matem_viados
1 month ago#37
yea

User Info: CEOffendsMe

CEOffendsMe
1 month ago#38
Nmilek1 posted...
Steam will remain #1 by virtue of how invested people are youre never going to get guys like me with 1000+ games on steam to suddenly abandon it completley

Guys like you will just age.

The Fortnite generation (future gamers) will adapt.

User Info: Delta_F14

Delta_F14
1 month ago#39
lol it's not competition when you are forced to use a service in order to receive a product.
http://conniptions.gives/

User Info: unknown_VS

unknown_VS
1 month ago#40
Delta_F14 posted...
lol it's not competition when you are forced to use a service in order to receive a product.

lol I'm not sure that's how it works...
Isn't that basically the same as Steam?
Have you tried activating a Steam code without using Steam?

These are pseudo monopolies fighting for dominance in the digital market, the consumers are an afterthought at best
J-Pop
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. rip Steam.
  • Topic Archived