This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. brother gave me a laptop from 2012 with a dead hard drive

User Info: Conker

Conker
1 month ago#31
@unknown_VS

You're also suffering from reading comprehension difficulties it would seem. Where did I say that, I didn't even talk to you.

Why are you acting like such a bitter douche?

You replied towards it “not working like that on laptops” when it does. Calling someone a liar because they stated it works and how, and I have done the exact same thing is no different for me. Why would you be such a beligerant ass about believing them and then believe me? You wouldn’t. You’re calling out anyone who disagrees with you.

Let’s see the post I originally quoted:

I find it very hard to believe people, especially about tech, or engage with them if they can't even read properly. I've said in this very thread I installed windows (several times, like 99% of users here I'd wager)

And funny enough I've worked in a "laptop repair shop" and we had to install drivers often because windows didn't install them (usually from the manufacturer website sometimes it finds them from device manager)

So yeah, you are and I know it.
Nothing you say adds up.

Conversation has ended.

For real, you had trouble but someone else stated they didn't, along with multiple other people, and you called out their reading when you were the one who was having trouble (nobody was questioning you installing Win10). That must be your schtick...”oh I suck at life, instead of accept a believable story that could make me look less capable, I’ll just call people liars and say they lack reading comprehension.”

Also, if you want to talk about reading comprehension, the poster you called out reasonably said they’ve installed and often it works but sometimes doesn’t (they stated 10% of the time) with 1 or 2 drivers that needed manually installing. Yet you chose to say you know what to thinn if they tell me they’ve never had problems on 50 laptops...when they literally didn’t say they’ve never had problems, just very few and it wasn’t a huge hassle. Which seems to align with what numerous others (including myselfh have experienced.

Way to be mature about it.
If you don't want to argue about something, take the initiative and stfu.
Lets Go: Lions, Red Wings, Tigers, Pistons!

User Info: unknown_VS

unknown_VS
1 month ago#32
Conker posted...
@unknown_VS

You're also suffering from reading comprehension difficulties it would seem. Where did I say that, I didn't even talk to you.

You replied towards it “not working like that on laptops” when it does. Calling someone a liar because thwy stated it works and how, and I have done the exact same thing is no different for me. Why would you be such a beligerant ass about believing them and then believe me? You wouldn’t. You’re calling out anyone who disagrees with you.

I find it very hard to believe people, especially about tech, or engage with them if they can't even read properly. I've said in this very thread I installed windows (several times, like 99% of users here I'd wager)

And funny enough I've worked in a "laptop repair shop" and we had to install drivers often because windows didn't install them (usually from the manufacturer website sometimes it finds them from device manager)

Nothing you say adds up.

Conversation has ended.

For real, you had trouble but someone else stated they didn't, along with multiple other people, and you called out their reading when you were the one who was having trouble (nobody was questioning you installing Win10). That must be your schtick...”oh I suck at life, instead of accept a believable story that could make me look less capable, I’ll just call people liars and say they lack reading comprehension.”

Installing Windows 10 on "50" laptops, without ever needing to go to a manufacturers website or otherwise to download missing drivers is *not* believable.

Why is that so hard to understand for you?

Sure the laptop will work, but it'll work like s*** (which is another reason the whole story is not believable at all)

And you still lack reading comprehension, because I clearly didn't talk to you...
J-Pop

User Info: Conker

Conker
1 month ago#33
unknown_VS posted...
Conker posted...
@unknown_VS

You replied towards it “not working like that on laptops” when it does. Calling someone a liar because thwy stated it works and how, and I have done the exact same thing is no different for me. Why would you be such a beligerant ass about believing them and then believe me? You wouldn’t. You’re calling out anyone who disagrees with you.

Nothing you say adds up.

Conversation has ended.

Installing Windows 10 on "50" laptops, without ever needing to go to a manufacturers website or otherwise to download missing drivers is *not* believable.

Sure the laptop will work, but it'll work like s*** (which is another reason the whole story is not believable at all)

And you still lack reading comprehension, because I clearly didn't talk to you...

See my edit. They didn’t say they never had to. They actually said 10% of the time they had to install 1-2. Without being pedantic, “10%” is just saying most of the time they didn’t have to. Yet you read that as “never” and call people liars over believability for your own lack of reading comprehension.

You seem to be incapable of understanding the difference between reading comprehension and this being a public message board where I don’t give a f*** who you’re talking to if you’re an incorrect dumbass about something...I’ll reply and speak to anyone I want, if you don’t want that, don’t post broadly incorrect s*** on a message board open to anyone.
If you don't want to argue about something, take the initiative and stfu.
Lets Go: Lions, Red Wings, Tigers, Pistons!

User Info: bustedknuckles1

bustedknuckles1
1 month ago#34
unknown_VS posted...
Conker posted...
@unknown_VS

Nothing you say adds up.

Conversation has ended.

The key to not having issues is plug a ethernet cord in while doing the install. If u don't than u have to find all the drivers yourself.
DYIPC Gamermax-w / MSI Z270 sli plus / G-skills 32gb DDR4 3200 / i-7 7700K / Hyper evo 212 / MSI RX 580 gaming X / Evga 750 supernova
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. brother gave me a laptop from 2012 with a dead hard drive
  • Topic Archived