This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. A GT1030 will work on a HP Prodesk G1 600... Right??

User Info: Blitz_kid_

Blitz_kid_
3 months ago#1
Will it work? My GT1030 is about to arrive and I'll be devastated if it doesn't work. It's low profile Gddr5 2gb.

Also please just answer the question and don't start acting like an elitist mentioning graphics cards. I know this isn't a GTX 1060 or whatever it isn't going to be my GPU forever and I'll get the low profile GTX 1050ti. This is my first ever PC so I just want to make sure everything is good
Playing Video Games is fun :D

User Info: Foxfire15

Foxfire15
3 months ago#2
I think so, as long as is a low profile card.
It's not the fall that kills you, it's the rapid deceleration.....
*shoves next poster off a cliff*

User Info: ATARIJAWA

ATARIJAWA
3 months ago#3
You know that is a multimedia card and not a gaming card right? Not trying to be elite or anything but unless you're playing really old games its not going to do much.
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 127

User Info: unknown_VS

unknown_VS
3 months ago#4
ATARIJAWA posted...
You know that is a multimedia card and not a gaming card right? Not trying to be elite or anything but unless you're playing really old games its not going to do much.

Wtf is a multimedia card don't most cpus come with integrated graphics nowadays?

Features
DO IT ALL. FASTER.

Video editing. Gaming. Transforming your pictures at HD resolutions. This powerful card lets you do it all faster.

GET READY TO GAME.

The GeForce GT 1030 comes with all the performance goodness of GeForce Experience™. This is the gateway to great PC gaming, giving you industry-leading NVIDIA drivers for optimal performance and best-in-class stability—all with one-click convenience.

GeForce Features:

NVIDIA Pascal™
NVIDIA GameWorks™
Game Ready Drivers
NVIDIA GPU Boost™ 3.0
Microsoft® DirectX® 12

I have no f***ing idea what they mean with "Transforming your pictures at HD resolutions" tbh tho lol

Edit:

Alright, it seems really weak

https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/compare/GeForce+GT+1030vsGeForce+GTX+480/3757vs100

But then again?

https://youtu.be/ZOfYSaxKtUU

58fps Fortnite...

PS: I have a lot of friends on Steam who play at impossible resolutions like 600p or something, ya'll gotta get off your high horses sometimes, some people are just happy they can play at all!
J-Pop

User Info: ATARIJAWA

ATARIJAWA
3 months ago#5
will it play games? yes. was it designed for gaming, not really. It's a multimedia card designed for video playback. It's two rungs below the lowest level gaming card which is traditionally the __50 model in Nvidia's lineup.
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 127

User Info: ZaruenKosai

ZaruenKosai
3 months ago#6
but technically , it should be as strong as a 950 or 960 no?

I mean it cant be anything like buying a radeon 9550 or the likes.

a 1030 is the lowest card of the newest cards, which means its still alot better than most of all cards released before.

*less than 24 hours until path of exile new league comes out... this is not my signature and has nothing to do with this thread.*

EDIT: Just to clarify, of course it wont play most modern taxing games (probably not even at low.)
but im 99% sure it can play most games released at least 5 or more years ago on low settings without issues and i dont see any reason why most emulators (PSX/GBA/NDS/PS2) cant be used with this gpu.

but yes.. if you are expecting to play taxing games released in the last few years, I wouldnt get my hopes up, you might be able to play a bunch on low settings though at 1080p resolution, but some games like FFXV wont run at all i dont think.
I6700K - ZOTAC GTX1080 - 16 GBDDR4 RAM- NU8000 49 Inch + LG C8 OLED55
"You'd best start believing in ghost stories Miss Turner. You're in one!"

User Info: Blitz_kid_

Blitz_kid_
3 months ago#7
ZaruenKosai posted...
but technically , it should be as strong as a 950 or 960 no?

I mean it cant be anything like buying a radeon 9550 or the likes.

a 1030 is the lowest card of the newest cards, which means its still alot better than most of all cards released before.

*less than 24 hours until path of exile new league comes out... this is not my signature and has nothing to do with this thread.*

EDIT: Just to clarify, of course it wont play most modern taxing games (probably not even at low.)
but im 99% sure it can play most games released at least 5 or more years ago on low settings without issues and i dont see any reason why most emulators (PSX/GBA/NDS/PS2) cant be used with this gpu.

but yes.. if you are expecting to play taxing games released in the last few years, I wouldnt get my hopes up, you might be able to play a bunch on low settings though at 1080p resolution, but some games like FFXV wont run at all i dont think.

Did a test on system requirements and apparently it can run Shadow of the Tomb raider at 40fps at low and 35fps on medium
Playing Video Games is fun :D

User Info: Dave_rawkzorz

Dave_rawkzorz
3 months ago#8
Average FPS doesn't tell the whole story. Your CPU will hold you back by causing stuttering during normal gameplay or, in worse case scenarios, crashing during single digit frame drops. Most modern games(under 2 years old) recommend a quad core to maintain a smooth gaming experience. GPU alone isn't enough.
FD Meshify C | i7-9700K@5GHz | 16GB Corsair 3200 | 1TB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe | Asus STRIX 2080 | EVGA G+ 850W
EVGA SC17 6820HK - undervolted @ 3.7GHz

User Info: 32x2z

32x2z
3 months ago#9
FPS means nothing in the face of stuttering. If it stutters I don't play.
R7 1800X|570 8gb 1500/8000|Freesync 7680x1080|16gb TridentZ|Focus+ Platinum 750|https://imgtc.com/5X8INE2|http://bit.do/32x2zPC|

User Info: thepro189

thepro189
3 months ago#10
i have seen the gt 1030 running far cry 5, but at 720 and low- medium settings. i dont think it was stuttering, maybe sometimes.

i played arkham knight and just cause 3 on 720 p without any stuttering. if you think that’s worth it then go for it.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. A GT1030 will work on a HP Prodesk G1 600... Right??
  • Topic Archived