This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Was 2018 a bad year for PC gaming?

User Info: reotew

reotew
1 week ago#1
Bad ports, s***ty optimizations, little to no exclusives. Not to mention the outrageous hardware prices earlier this year thanks to mining, hell even now RAM is still insanely overpriced. And the biggest games are still CS:GO, Dota 2, and of course Fortnite...

I don't think there has been a year this bad for PC gaming since the mid-2000s. What are your thoughts on this year? Have you had a successful time, regarding hardware/software/fun?

User Info: 32x2z

32x2z
1 week ago#2
New User
User Since: Oct 2018
Active Posts: 3
Total Badges: 3

Tell me more!
R7 1800X|570 8gb 1500/8000|Freesync 7680x1080|16gb TridentZ|Focus+ Platinum 750|https://imgtc.com/5X8INE2|http://bit.do/32x2zPC|

User Info: reotew

reotew
1 week ago#3
32x2z posted...
New User

Tell me more!

Sorry, my PC specs are Ryzen 5 1600, 16gb RAM and EVGA GTX1060 6gb SC.

Also, you never answered my question, and really aren't adding to the discussion. How did 2018 go for you? Did you pick up and good hardware, or find some good games?

User Info: desert_santa

desert_santa
1 week ago#4
It was okay. I only kept two months of my humble subscription though. Luckily they still do good bundles.
It's not about the hardware in your hands, it's the software in your hearts.

User Info: 32x2z

32x2z
1 week ago#5
Yeah I honestly thought this was bait because 2018 was a good year. There I contributed. We had some good ports, ram prices went down (3000 mhz was going for 99 bucks), we had some ass ports, and you completely ignored games like divinity original sin 2, Vermintide II, BoA, Horizon 4, and more.

I just think this was a good year and thought this was bait. Sorry TC.

Hell we even had some good hardware come out this year and new features like RTX (I think it's cool) as well.
R7 1800X|570 8gb 1500/8000|Freesync 7680x1080|16gb TridentZ|Focus+ Platinum 750|https://imgtc.com/5X8INE2|http://bit.do/32x2zPC|

desert_santa
1 week ago#6
32x2z posted...
Yeah I honestly thought this was bait because 2018 was a good year. There I contributed. We had some good ports, ram prices went down (3000 mhz was going for 99 bucks), we had some ass ports, and you completely ignored games like divinity original sin 2, Vermintide II, BoA, Horizon 4, and more.

I just think this was a good year and thought this was bait. Sorry TC.

Ah! You just reminded me I have yet to buy Horizon 4. Got to save up after Christmas......

User Info: unknown_VS

unknown_VS
1 week ago#7
reotew posted...
32x2z posted...
New User

Tell me more!

Sorry, my PC specs are Ryzen 5 1600, 16gb RAM and EVGA GTX1060 6gb SC.

Also, you never answered my question, and really aren't adding to the discussion. How did 2018 go for you? Did you pick up and good hardware, or find some good games?

I built my first pc this year and... except some s*** with Denuvo and UE4 my games run great even the infamously "bad port" Nier Automata.

My gripe with pc gaming are the prices, damn is it expensive compared to consoles (I only play Japanese games, and well, they rarely go on decent sales apparently...)
J-Pop

desert_santa
1 week ago#8
At least Dragon Quest 11 and Monster Hunter World had decent sales prices for Japanese titles released this year.

User Info: unknown_VS

unknown_VS
1 week ago#9
desert_santa posted...
At least Dragon Quest 11 and Monster Hunter World had decent sales prices for Japanese titles released this year.

Yeah I mean they go on sale, especially the more popular ones, but more niche stuff like Nioh, Nier Automata, KOF, etc... yeah they may be half off at times, it could be better though.
J-Pop

desert_santa
1 week ago#10
unknown_VS posted...
desert_santa posted...

Yeah I mean they go on sale, especially the more popular ones, but more niche stuff like Nioh, Nier Automata, KOF, etc... yeah they may be half off at times, it could be better though.

That's true. No idea why the PC versions are so pricey. Maybe because they are less popular, so they sell less? Or perhaps the opposite.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Was 2018 a bad year for PC gaming?
  • Topic Archived