This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. castlevania lords of shadow 2. live up to the first?

User Info: drukenbastard

drukenbastard
4 weeks ago#1
I only played the first one on ps3. I remember it looking amazing and had a great story line. The god of war type gameplay was pretty cool too. How are the ports on pc and how does the sequel compare?

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
4 weeks ago#2
Not really no. The storyline is cool, and the movable camera is welcome, but the stealth sections are more annoying than the chupacabra in the first. If you go in expecting a 7/10 game you'll be in about the right ballpark.

As for the ports, they're fine.
Intimal, obsolete I overslept, arrived too late
If nothing is as nothing does I guess my time has come

User Info: DragonRaizen

DragonRaizen
4 weeks ago#3
Orestes417 posted...
Not really no. The storyline is cool, and the movable camera is welcome, but the stealth sections are more annoying than the chupacabra in the first. If you go in expecting a 7/10 game you'll be in about the right ballpark.

As for the ports, they're fine.

Most people feel it was a step down from the first. I actually enjoyed it.

That being said... nothing is worse than the chupacabra.
-FREEZE!
-I'm a robot, not your refrigerator.
Marvin

User Info: farigonti

farigonti
4 weeks ago#4
I loved it. Definitely play it.

User Info: Dragon Nexus

Dragon Nexus
4 weeks ago#5
Orestes417 posted...
but the stealth sections are more annoying than the chupacabra in the first

The stealth was fine early on because your character is still gaining their strength. But to have him *still* need to stealth through by the end game was crazy. When you're fully powered up, those things should be no match for you. Th fact they still one-hit-kill you makes you feel really disempowered.
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde

User Info: WhyWontHeFall

WhyWontHeFall
4 weeks ago#6
Without spoilers, those end stealth sections made sense as far as the story goes.

Apart from that, it makes sense in another sense, that why would you bother fighting something if you didn't have to? Powerful or not, nobody smart would spend energy or resources if they didn't need to.

Plus, Dracula being sneaky & stealthy has always been part of the lore.

Having said all that, I do agree that those one shot enemies ( who are introduced early in the game ) should have been made to fight, if not in the story, then in the Kleidos. Just to have the satisfaction that you could indeed destroy them.

But then again in the old Castlevania games, the red skeletons could never be defeated......

Anyhow, by now TC, you should know that this is an awesome series if it got us all talking like this. Lords of Shadow 2 specifically is the title that made me make an account and come back to gamefaqs again.

The PC ports are all very solid, absolutely no issue, uncapped framerates and scales to desktop ( 4K ). Again, no issues.

The Lords of Shadow trilogy goes on sale frequently, so I would wait for the next one before picking them up. As time goes on, more and more people will look back and appreciate this entry for the masterpiece that it truly is rather than the sea of EA & weeb that we are currently inundated in.

User Info: Lucavi000

Lucavi000
4 weeks ago#7
God no.

It's atrocious.
"Doesn't matter, still obtainable. You were wrong, simply admit it and apologize for your ignorance and s*** attitude." - Firemage7777 to SuperZay

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
4 weeks ago#8
Must be nice to have never played any actually atrocious games as a comparison point.
Intimal, obsolete I overslept, arrived too late
If nothing is as nothing does I guess my time has come

User Info: Dragon Nexus

Dragon Nexus
4 weeks ago#9
I need to give LoS2 another crack.
I got every achievement for the first game and hoo boy was that ever an ordeal. The DLC in particular.

I was ready to jump into LoS2. But the setting just...wasn't doing it for me. I was really let down in the design and the gameplay and ended up only playing a handful of hours before stopping.
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde

User Info: Sailor_Razor

Sailor_Razor
4 weeks ago#10
Wouldn't living up to the first be akin to stepping over a passed out drunk guy?
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. castlevania lords of shadow 2. live up to the first?
  • Topic Archived