This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Prebuilt pc's are getting even more garbage.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Prebuilt pc's are getting even more garbage.

User Info: sherudons

sherudons
1 week ago#1
The more you learn and build the worse prebuilts look, some times get "deals" from a company that make me shake my head and other times I just wonder how incompetent can you get.

Sent a review to a "hot deal" based on specs and expect it to promptly get deleted, but god damn... if they hired on people who could actually put together effective and decent builds people might take them seriously.

But $1000 aud (720usd) for a 1050 machine with generic parts and pieces that make no sense?, just look at it and you can see how derp it is, dvd win 10 with no optical drive is sure swell of em...

https://www.umart.com.au/Umart-Pluto-1050-TI-Gaming-PC-2018-V2_47258G.html

Anyone here could wipe their arse with this and come away with a better machine and likely cheaper too, hell I can understand profits, but if you put the thing together with just the parts IN store its $180 cheaper and they are making it sound like warranty is a privilege you pay for rather than standard quality assurance.

The next step is a 1060 machine for $1672 (1205usd) https://www.umart.com.au/Umart-Crystal-1060-Gaming-PC-V2_46999G.html.

Just tickled me wrong this time...
Former Meepo Of Gfaq.
Official Techies of Gfaq, sometimes it is not enough to watch the world burn.

User Info: MASKOAAA

MASKOAAA
1 week ago#2
All depends who you buy from. My Ibuypower is still working from 2011.

User Info: Amakusa

Amakusa
1 week ago#3
Maybe your beef is with that particular store, don't you think?
I will rule the world, and find that truly good cup of coffee.

User Info: EraserGun

EraserGun
1 week ago#4
I got a prebuilt with RX 580 for $700.
Just a gamer girl in a gamer world. Always blazing, it's amazing~

User Info: ngoode

ngoode
1 week ago#5
Yeah it depends where you get it from, the pcs you linked to are very overpriced and that site/company should clearly be avoided. I think some sites are pretty good when it comes to prebuilt pcs (usually the ones that let you customise the system) but its always better to put it together yourself.
^opinion^

User Info: Solid Sonic

Solid Sonic
1 week ago#6
This sounds like the rage I feel for overpriced HDMI cables.
Washable toilet paper.

User Info: builder111

builder111
1 week ago#7
i was watching gamers nexus talk about the walmart gaming pcs

8700 (non K) with 32gb ram /facepalm
caps

User Info: Dragon Nexus

Dragon Nexus
1 week ago#8
sherudons posted...
But $1000 aud

Your problem is you're in Australia.
And by that I mean Australian hardware costs are ridiculous. I've seen someone on Twitter say they worked out importing a GPU from the states, plus import tax and shipping, worked out cheaper than buying one in a store.
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde

User Info: enderall

enderall
4 days ago#9
Dragon Nexus posted...
sherudons posted...
But $1000 aud

Your problem is you're in Australia.
And by that I mean Australian hardware costs are ridiculous. I've seen someone on Twitter say they worked out importing a GPU from the states, plus import tax and shipping, worked out cheaper than buying one in a store.

This is practically the rest of the world except US and UK.
i3 6100, GIGABYTE Radeon Rx 480 8GB WINDFORCE, 2x4 GB RAM 2133 Mhz, EVGA 600w White PSU, Toshiba 500 GB HD, Riotoro CR 480, GIGABYTE Intel H110

User Info: ClunkerSlim

ClunkerSlim
4 days ago#10
sherudons posted...
generic parts and pieces that make no sense?,

What parts are generic and don’t make sense? Everything looks brand name. I don’t recognize the PSU brand but that’s pretty typical of prebuilts.

And the $720 range for a 1050ti build isn’t that overpriced (especially given your location.) A lot of these places are still sitting on overpriced stock that they had to buy when GPU/RAM prices were at their worst. So things are still slightly marked up even though I’d suspect that they’re still eating a bit of the cost.

sherudons posted...
you can see how derp it is, dvd win 10 with no optical drive

No optical drive in 2018! What were they thinking? What will I burn all my Napster downloads with?

Seriously, you’re lucky to be getting any physical media at all. Most PCs now just have the windows key on a sticker and that’s it. 99.9% of all PCs aren’t shipping with Windows on a flash drive. They give you the sticker and you’re expected to make your own backup flash drive from Microsoft’s website.

Solid Sonic posted...
This sounds like the rage I feel for overpriced HDMI cables.

To be fair, HDMI may be all or nothing, but cheaper cables do break quicker. My Amazon basics cable for my PS3 went out despite never being moved and always being tucked behind the tv.
https://twitter.com/ClunkerSlim
(edited 4 days ago)
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Prebuilt pc's are getting even more garbage.