This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Has anyone rolled back to Windows 7 from 10?

User Info: Foxfire15

Foxfire15
3 weeks ago#11
Jaghave posted...
Foxfire15 posted...
Jaghave posted...
L0Z posted...
Jaghave posted...
I did with my current computer but the constant warning from my CPU got me fed up and I reverted back to windows 10

Does 7 not like 6 and 8 cores?

Message was something like
Your CPU was not design for this OS and may have power management issues.

If your going to do it make sure you download your ethernet adapter driver and the oldest window 7 version of the driver just incase
Normally you have to use older drivers.

Windows 7 does not support past part of 6th gen IIRC. 7th and 8th gen CPU's are not designed for 7, and you will not find drivers for the motherboards either. IIRC, this was mostly an Intel decision. Regardless, you're rather SoL if you want newer equipment.

Does not support it but it possible not practical.

Of course. Anything is possible, depending how much effort you want to put into it. Regardless, Windows 7 is a dead end long term as support ends entirely in a little over a year. I've had very few issues with 10, at home, or at the office I manage IT for, but YMMV of course. Personally I think OP has other issues, but I'm not going to go into that since he didn't ask for any help.
It's not the fall that kills you, it's the rapid deceleration.....
*shoves next poster off a cliff*

User Info: Marikhen

Marikhen
3 weeks ago#12
Foxfire15 posted...
but YMMV of course

Definitely, and your mileage may not be the same as anyone else's. I'm the only person I know of who had Windows 10 lobotomize itself, and the issues I had like Dragon Age: Origins not working at all is very rare as well.
Logic is the antithesis of faith, else why is it that faith defies logic while logic denies faith?

User Info: nominturddaddy

nominturddaddy
3 weeks ago#13
Yeah, and then I went back to Win10.
Some of my gamer cred: https://i.imgur.com/q7RXULk.png
My Ignore List (last wiped July 20, 2018): https://i.imgur.com/Nz8ZeAR.png

User Info: Myzery

Myzery
3 weeks ago#14
I just never upgraded in the first place.
https://www.twitch.tv/skulltrauma
When you kill a man, you're a murderer. Kill many, and you're a conqueror. Kill them all, oh you're a god.

User Info: spud_almighty

spud_almighty
3 weeks ago#15
Hell no, Win 10 is a superb OS. I've loved it from the minute I installed it. No reason to be that sad loser on the out dated OS.

User Info: coolpal23

coolpal23
3 weeks ago#16
I wanted rto stay on windows 7 so bad

but apparently my mobo and cpu arent compatible with it

lame
MSI B360-A PRO|Zotac 2Gb Gtx 770| DDR4 2400 16Gb G.skill| i5 8600K 3.6Ghz
Steam: That Hero Luka "Fact and fiction, where do you draw the line?"

User Info: Lonestar2000

Lonestar2000
3 weeks ago#17
I dual-boot 7 and 10 on my rig.
Rumble Roses. Someone enters the room. Them: O_O Me: What?! I always play games without my pants on!- Inmate 922335
#ImpeachToadDickTrump

User Info: bass_god6790

bass_god6790
3 weeks ago#18
Windows 10 was so much better when I had 60mb charter internet and never noticed all of the background data for the seemingly daily updates. Since moving I only have access to dsl and wow those updates really kill my bandwidth. Makes me consider going back to 7
"I Bent My Wookie" -- Ralph Wiggum

User Info: tzuyd

tzuyd
3 weeks ago#19
I did, in fact I only downgraded to Win10 to get my machine ID recorded for the future, and switched back immediately afterwards.

L0Z posted...
Does 7 not like 6 and 8 cores?

MS have artificially limited Windows Update from working on 7th gen Intel CPUs and up (and AMDs equivalents obviously) and it also pops up with a message very regularly stating your CPU is not supported (despite everything else working just fine). Both can be worked around with a registry hack.

I have a 5820K (6 cores) and don't get bothered by that crap.
I sexually identify as a 100% inoffensively correct person. My pronouns are 'yes', 'uh huh' and 'absolutely'.

User Info: wei-pai

wei-pai
3 weeks ago#20
Windows 10 is cancer and Microsoft knows that, you would think by now they would have apologized and release a version that is not s***.
Site: youtube.com/user/YSNReview
SFV True Cover: http://i.imgur.com/2C5gVhO.jpg?1
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Has anyone rolled back to Windows 7 from 10?
  • Topic Archived