This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What's a good budget upgrade for a mobo and CPU combo from a 3570k?

User Info: refmon

refmon
4 weeks ago#1
Hey all, I recently bought a 1080ti for my current build. I play at 1440p at 144Mhz and I am running a Intel Core i5 3570K on a GA-Z77X-UD3H.

I was planning to to wait for Zen 2 but I heard it's probably going to release in late 2019. I haven't kept up with CPUs but could anyone recommend a cheap but noticeable upgrade that could hold me over until zen 2?
If you read this signature, then that meant that I had control of what you read for 5 SECONDS!!

User Info: 32x2z

32x2z
4 weeks ago#2
Do you live near a MicroCenter? They have really good deals on CPU's and motherboards. If you were planning on going Zen 2, you should probably get a cheap Ryzen 5 6c/12t. The 1600 @ 4ghz and the 7700k perform within enough of a margin where you would notice a huge increase in multi-threaded games. The 2600 is on sale on Newegg for 150. The first gen ryzens are surprisingly holding their value on the used market. You could try /r hardware swap as well to find parts. You would still have the AM4 platform to get Zen 2 or Zen2+ (whenever it launches, they said they're keeping support till 2020 and since they launch on yearly increments, I'm just expecting it) as well if you went Ryzen. You could also get a 3770k if you can find one for cheap and use that but you're really just getting more threads at that point and not "upgrading" so to speak because you spent money on a CPU for a socket type you plan on ditching. CPU's are expensive when they're not at microcenter, I hate looking at CPU prices at other sites because of that company.
R7 1800X|Strix 570 1475/8400|Freesync 7680x1080|16gb TridentZ|Focus+ Platinum 750|Heated Massage|Dancing Water|http://bit.do/32x2z-Rig|http://bit.do/32x2z-Rig2|
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What's a good budget upgrade for a mobo and CPU combo from a 3570k?
  • Topic Archived