This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Used GPU

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Used GPU

User Info: Apex_Predator

Apex_Predator
1 week ago#1
Yesterday my GTX 1070 FE came in the mail. I ordered it used off of eBay. So far the card has been performing admirably without any issues. However, I'd like to confirm that it is a legit nVidia gpu. Are there any surefire checks that I can do?
all of my posts are my own opinion
GPU-Z (caps).
Ryzen 7 2700X | ASUS X470 ROG | G.Skill 16GB 3600Mhz DDR4 | Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X | 28" Acer Predator 4K G-Sync

User Info: MASKOAAA

MASKOAAA
1 week ago#3
I imagine if youre using NVIDIA Drivers....and its working....it would have to be a legit NVIDIA GPU....now that doesn't mean its a 1070 lol but its def a legit NVIDIA GPU.

Apex_Predator
1 week ago#4
BrokenMachine85 posted...
GPU-Z (caps).

are there any cases of gpu-z inaccurately identifying a card. not saying that happened to me, just asking?

User Info: MELENTIA

MELENTIA
1 week ago#5
nope...

User Info: MASKOAAA

MASKOAAA
1 week ago#6
Why don’t you benchmark it and then compare that

If someone is out there making 1070s in a closet that actually do the same performance then that would be freaking amazing and NVIDIA should hire them immediately honestly I don’t know what your looking for here
(edited 1 week ago)

Apex_Predator
1 week ago#7
https://imgur.com/a/SohdXvx

So I'm good?
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: wildog2006

wildog2006
1 week ago#8
If you're that paranoid do some benchmarks and verify it's performing in line with other people results with similar hardware.
MOD: Mindless, Oppressive, & Delusional

User Info: 32x2z

32x2z
1 week ago#9
Yes that is a real 1070 by BIOS, memory clock, and core clock. Congratulations on the purchase, you got a good deal. Hope it's not mined to hell and back.
R7 1800X|Strix 570 1475/8400|Freesync 7680x1080|16gb TridentZ|Focus+ Platinum 750|Heated Massage|Dancing Water|http://bit.do/32x2z-Rig|http://bit.do/32x2z-Rig2|
NApex_Predator posted...
BrokenMachine85 posted...
GPU-Z (caps).

are there any cases of gpu-z inaccurately identifying a card. not saying that happened to me, just asking?

Nope, the latest version identifies fake cards. Google it.
Ryzen 7 2700X | ASUS X470 ROG | G.Skill 16GB 3600Mhz DDR4 | Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X | 28" Acer Predator 4K G-Sync
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Used GPU

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.