This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do a majority of people have bad taste or is it just me?

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Do a majority of people have bad taste or is it just me?

User Info: bubbub01

bubbub01
6 days ago#1
Okay guys, so in the last couple years I've felt completely disconnected with the overall reception of quite a few different games. Those games in particular are Mario Odyssey, Horizon Zero Dawn, Zelda BotW, Spider-man, and now AC Odyssey.

Here's my deal with all of these games. I feel like are all just bunch of copy and paste BS with uninspired designed. The only one of these games I think is decent is BotW, but I still think that game really hurt itself by having 150 shrines when it could of had like 8 decent dungeons.

Mario Odyssey is 800 moons of doing the most basic tasks that take virtually no platforming skills minus like 20 moons. Horizon Zero Dawn and Spider-man both had a ton of copy and paste content, Spider-man much worse than Horizon (I only played like 5 hours of Horizon before I gave up. I 100% spider-man).

I didn't actually play AC Odyssey, but I did play Origins. That game is an open world of the same 4 activities copy and pasted all around it. It's suppose to be an RPG, but its basically not because your level will always match the enemies in the area you are fighting, so you basically end up fighting the same enemies with the same amount of health, just in a different area. There's basically no variety in enemy or mission design. The story missions are basically the same as the side missions in terms of what you actually do as well. I heard Odyssey is basically like Origins, so I'm assuming all these complaints will be highly relevant.

So what's the deal? Do I just have bad taste? I don't understand how people like these incredibly repetitive games that push quantity way over quality.
(edited 6 days ago)

User Info: Opunaesala

Opunaesala
6 days ago#2
Opinions are a thing, so it is just you.

User Info: bubbub01

bubbub01
6 days ago#3
Opunaesala posted...

Yeah, but some opinions are better than other. A person who can explain their reasoning behind their opinion carries much more weight than someone who can't.
Opunaesala posted...

+1
Ryzen 7 2700X | ASUS X470 ROG | G.Skill 16GB 3600Mhz DDR4 | Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X | 28" Acer Predator 4K G-Sync

User Info: Killah Priest

Killah Priest
6 days ago#5
Yeah, but some opinions are better than other. A person who can explain their reasoning behind their opinion carries much more weight than someone who can't.

I disagree, being good at writing or speaking does not make ones opinion matter more unless its about writing or speaking.
The Infamous...
Forever's gonna start tonight.

User Info: GoIrish80

GoIrish80
6 days ago#6
bubbub01 posted...
Opunaesala posted...

You're saying people who like those games have bad taste. Your words. That's an opinion, and a poor one at that. Just move on.

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
6 days ago#7
bubbub01 posted...
Yeah, but some opinions are better than other.

All this tells me is that you don't quite understand what an opinion is. Especially considering your reasoning behind how you would rank opinions. Someone else's opinion on something might not make sense to you, or you may totally disagree with them, but that doesn't mean their opinion is "worse," other than in your opinion. Other people might find your opinion worse. For instance, I find your opinion that "some opinions are better than other" to be pretty s***ty - but that's my opinion. Your opinion isn't factually worse... I just feel it is. See how that works?

Learn2opinion.
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23

User Info: Nathanmg

Nathanmg
6 days ago#8
Some of the most popular hobbies/past times/games /etc largely involve repetition. Hell life is a f*** load of repetition.

I mean I mostly agree with you but a lot of people wind down by doing something mindless in a pretty world.
PSN: Nathanmg
3DS: 1006-0862-7392
(edited 6 days ago)

User Info: Boge

Boge
6 days ago#9
Quantity over quality. That's the motto for most game developers these days.

Sadly, it seems most gamers agree as well.
With deeper knowledge and experience, everything becomes more shallow.
(edited 6 days ago)

User Info: Darth_Kamcio

Darth_Kamcio
6 days ago#10
It's not like they have a different taste. It has to be either "same as mine" or "bad", doesn't it?
You have absolutely no right to complain about a decision you decided to support with your money. Be smart and vote with your wallets!
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Do a majority of people have bad taste or is it just me?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.