This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

In Honor of Telltale Games closure lets discuss our favorite games from them

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. In Honor of Telltale Games closure lets discuss our favorite games from them

User Info: youshallbeasgod

youshallbeasgod
3 weeks ago#21
Tales From The Borderlands was super comical and their best work. It's the only one I really liked. The ending was s*** like every other Telltale game, but tons of fun moments made it worth a playthrough at least.
Relax, it's just a game.

User Info: SilkBot

SilkBot
3 weeks ago#22
I loved the Sam & Max and Poker Night at the Inventory series as well as Monkey Island. None of the other games they made interested me, but those that I mentioned were great.

User Info: WoodenRook

WoodenRook
3 weeks ago#23
I mean, to me, the games seemed original when the first came out. Like I said before... the games were accessible to a lot of people and it's sad to see.

User Info: nephalim

nephalim
3 weeks ago#24
I cried at the end of Walking Dead Season 1
HP Pavilion 15t | i7-8750h 2.2-4.1ghz | GTX 1060 3GB (Max-Q) 128GB PCIe SSD NVMe + 1TB 7200RPM SATA | 1080P@144hz IPS +||+ Nintendo Switch

User Info: ToadstoolPeach

ToadstoolPeach
3 weeks ago#25
I will always cherish TWD season 1. The Wolf Among Us and Tales from the Borderlands were also excellent. Such a shame they overreached acquiring all these expensive licenses they really weren't necessary.
https://imgur.com/RRs9HZm

User Info: Kokuei05

Kokuei05
3 weeks ago#26
SilkBot posted...
I loved the Sam & Max and Poker Night at the Inventory series as well as Monkey Island. None of the other games they made interested me, but those that I mentioned were great.

I liked those too and a few others like Wallace and Gromit and Puzzle Agent. I didn't really like the modern Telltale games. There used to be red herrings and actual puzzles that made you think like the f***ing manatee.
i7-6700K @ Stock | Team Vulcan 16GB 3000Mhz | Zotac 8GB GTX 1080 Mini | EA232WMI 79hz
e7470 | i5-6300U || Surface Pro 2 i5 || OnePlus 5t || iPad Air 2 9.0

User Info: OrgeLambart

OrgeLambart
3 weeks ago#27
I don't get the complain people have about their choices not mattering,, did you honestly think it would be viable for them to have a game branch more than a single season and have choices really matter.. Even during the course of a 5 Episode series it would be a mammoth undertaking.. add into it multiple games in that series and it's even bigger..

Such as say in season 1, they have X or Y character save or die point.. Now they need to have two additional stories written where each of those character survives..

Now that character survives the rest of the way through they need to have 2 version of the entire game to accommodate which option you selected..

Now lets take it a step further in the next episode you're presented the Save or die with character T and R ,,,.... now you're having to create content with all four of those characters alive and well moving forward from that point on..

So instead of 2 options, you're having to create 4, and it only gets worse as time goes on.. Sure you can have moments where all characters you've saved die, but then people would still have the same opinion, why did I save so and so in Episode one, only for them to die in Episode 5..

Look at the ending of Life is Strange, you're given two choices, all those choices coming before, didn't matter at the end of the day, it was two endings, which you got the option to pick no matter what else you did the rest of the time.. The two endings were identical no matter what other choices you made throughout the whole story.. Their choices never mattered, because you always rewound time and started over again..
Xboxlive - Orge Lambart , Steam ID - Orge Lambart, PSN - Orgelambart

User Info: ZodiacSoldier

ZodiacSoldier
3 weeks ago#28
Charged151 posted...
WoodenRook posted...
So, why'd they close if people liked them? Lawsuits?

Most of their games didn't turn out to be profitable. Releasing so many at once probably hurt them similar to the "Guitar Hero effect".

Also due to their games being mostly story driven, a lot of people didn't actually buy them, but instead watch streamers play them on Youtube / Twitch.
Steam: ZodiacSolder // PSN/XBox Live: ZodiacSoldierJL
3DS FC: 3797-9082-8623 // Switch FC: SW-6184-3549-7403 // FE Fates CC: 14211-52887-12563-84373

User Info: Kinoringan

Kinoringan
3 weeks ago#29
The Walking Dead season 1, after that I don't bother already because your choice don't really matter.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. In Honor of Telltale Games closure lets discuss our favorite games from them

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived