This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How do you feel about using walkthroughs?

User Info: Zeusty30

Zeusty30
2 months ago#1
How do you feel about using walkthroughs to beat video games?

User Info: Requiem

Requiem
2 months ago#2
To beat video games... I guess if you're really stuck (hard boss that requires a trick, lost in a dungeon/puzzle), it's better than stop playing because of frustration.

Also, using a walkthrough is sometimes necessary to find certain obscure items/quests (yeah, looking at you Japanese games), so...
Copyright free literature available at http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page... otherwise known as Tex-Mex

User Info: supervaan

supervaan
2 months ago#3
Requiem posted...
using a walkthrough is sometimes necessary to find certain obscure items/quests (yeah, looking at you Japanese games)
twitch.tv/Highzen

User Info: CoinFlipBimbo

CoinFlipBimbo
2 months ago#4
I don't use them. It's extremely rare when I do. I can only recall about 2 or 3 times in the past 10 years that I've used them.

I won't shame people for using them or anything like that. We all play video games differently.

edit: just realized that I have used walkthroughs for collectibles and similar things. But when I said "2 or 3 times" I meant when I have been stuck in a game. I do use walkthroughs for finding collectibles or for achievements or something.
http://i.imgur.com/v73OhsZ.gif

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
2 months ago#5
Do whatever makes you happy imo. If that means being led by the nose by a guide, good for you.
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud

User Info: gtomanga

gtomanga
2 months ago#6
whats with this topic?

here's a better one,
what do you feel about playing video games that you dont like but somehow ended up liking?
or
What do you feel about playing console games instead of a pc and found out that its not that far off different?
or
What do you feel about watching a diffrent kind of movies but realised that they and you are not that diffrent?

tell us TC HOW DO YOU FEEEEEEEL ABOUT FEELINGS?
Ys,megaman,harvest moon,sly cooper,rune factory,shin megami tensei,growlanser,superman,bomberman,shump,sonic fan

User Info: KenshiroX

KenshiroX
2 months ago#7
Beats the hell out of your parents yelling at you for racking up 30 odd dollars in phone charges on the NES line cause you didn't know where to go in Rygar. Yes, I'm that old.

User Info: Sailor_Razor

Sailor_Razor
2 months ago#8
I want someone to make a 100% checklist for Mortal Kombat: Deception's Konquest Mode.

User Info: Shinkoden

Shinkoden
2 months ago#9
It's part of gaming to me. Couldn't get through a lot of NES games without one.

User Info: Nathanmg

Nathanmg
2 months ago#10
Generally speaking, first play through I don't use them, subsequent plays to get 100% I might.

Although generally speaking, game depending, I'll look up a list of missables before playing.
PSN: Nathanmg
3DS: 1006-0862-7392
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How do you feel about using walkthroughs?
  • Topic Archived