This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Should I buy an expensive GPU today or a cheaper one and save for a GPU/Monitor?

User Info: MrSprings

MrSprings
3 months ago#31
jcgonzmo posted...
Can you really tell the difference between 60 and 120FPS? Does it really affect how much you enjoy the game?

My god, you're either trolling or woefully incapable of finding anything out on your own. Based on your other threads I'd say the former.

jcgonzmo posted...
I know steam games are cheaper, but they are not of the same quality. Some of them are, but not all of them.

Oh yeah, definitely trolling. No s*** not every single one of the thousands upon thousands of games are great, but many of them are, and at least you have some choice in the matter, and aren't stuck paying for remasters.
"Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist."- GC

User Info: jcgonzmo

jcgonzmo
3 months ago#32
32x2z posted...
So you don't spend money on your PS4. Spend money on your PC without needing too. Then complain about how it cost more to game on PC because you spent money you didn't need too and justify it because you didn't spend money on your PS4....wow.

You are free to criticize, or you are free to provide numbers as I did to show me if I am wrong. I did not buy the parts of my PC, my friend build it for me. Only thing I did is show you that I spent $370 on a PS4 Pro plus the psn plus memberships. The games, I buy them on sales, average of $30-$35 per game. I know a console is not as powerful as a PC, but if you play Uncharted 4, Horizon Zero Dawn, Shadow of the Colossus, Spider-Man and God of War, I do not think you are thinking "This games looks horrible!" For better or for worse, you know a game is released optimized for the console hardware for a good experience. Honestly, teach me where did I go wrong when buying my hardware.

User Info: jcgonzmo

jcgonzmo
3 months ago#33
MrSprings posted...
jcgonzmo posted...
Can you really tell the difference between 60 and 120FPS? Does it really affect how much you enjoy the game?

My god, you're either trolling or woefully incapable of finding anything out on your own. Based on your other threads I'd say the former.

jcgonzmo posted...
I know steam games are cheaper, but they are not of the same quality. Some of them are, but not all of them.

Oh yeah, definitely trolling. No s*** not every single one of the thousands upon thousands of games are great, but many of them are, and at least you have some choice in the matter, and aren't stuck paying for remasters.

Dude, even my friend that is a PC gamer, complaints that he cant play Uncharted 4, God of War, Horizon, Spider-Man, Zelda, Mario and Shadow of the Colossus. There are other big games that come to PC, but not THE BIGGEST GAMES. I am not trolling you, I have a gaming PC an like it. I am just doubting with my experience, that it is actually "worth it". Again that is for me, for you Is another story.

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
3 months ago#34
You can always sit on your hardware until it's no longer enough for you and then upgrade then.
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud

User Info: 32x2z

32x2z
3 months ago#35
Nothing I read though, is preventing you from saying, "hey I don't need this upgrade" even if your friend is buying you parts. Based on the amount of questions you ask such as "what gpu should I buy next", what's sync tech, etc I can assume you have very little knowledge on this subject. I'm still going to think the game looks horrible in contrast to what it could be on a PC. A console port using older GPU tech won't make me go "oh wow look at the visuals". I can still play mario and zelda on my PC. With the 7000 plus titles on PC, I care very little about the 5 you keep on posting about.

For example. If you build an i5-3570k or a i7 or that era, you would still be maxing games 1080p and need a GPU upgrade at best today. You make poor investments. I used a gaming PC rig from 2011 just fine for 1080p 60 fps just until a week ago and that CPU had worse single thread performance then a first gen i7.
R7 1800X|STRIX 570 1435/2000|Freesync 7680x1080|16GB 3000|240 SSD + 1TB|Strix B450|Seasonic Focus+ Plat 750W|Heated Massage Chair|
https://imgur.com/a/hBndVEs
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Should I buy an expensive GPU today or a cheaper one and save for a GPU/Monitor?
  • Topic Archived