This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Bethesda needs to make Elder Scrolls series great again

User Info: ganondorf77

ganondorf77
3 months ago#21
ElDudorino posted...
It's funny how GameFAQs talks like Skyrim is just objectively garbage despite its massive popularity.
Today those two are almost always true at the same time. Popularity is not a measurement of how good a game is. Its a measure on how well the game was hyped or advertised. Most popular games nowadays are garbage, despite being very impressive at first.
Bu!

User Info: 2018_GT

2018_GT
3 months ago#22
ganondorf77 posted...
ElDudorino posted...
It's funny how GameFAQs talks like Skyrim is just objectively garbage despite its massive popularity.
Today those two are almost always true at the same time. Popularity is not a measurement of how good a game is. Its a measure on how well the game was hyped or advertised. Most popular games nowadays are garbage, despite being very impressive at first.

Your opinion on a game isn't a measurement on how good a game is either. Just because you think a game is garbage doesn't make it so

User Info: red_robin

red_robin
3 months ago#23
The thing is, more people like Skyrim than any of their earlier games. Casual appeal is what they want. What would be nice is if they let obsidian use the license for a game like they did with fallout. Fallout 3 and 4 were trash but obsidian made an amazing game on their engine with new Vegas.

Not that it'll happen again. But Bethesda isn't going to cast away the casuals to make a deep game like Daggerfall or morrowind again. At least Skyrim was a slight step up from oblivion.

2018_GT
3 months ago#24
red_robin posted...
The thing is, more people like Skyrim than any of their earlier games. Casual appeal is what they want. What would be nice is if they let obsidian use the license for a game like they did with fallout. Fallout 3 and 4 were trash but obsidian made an amazing game on their engine with new Vegas.

Not that it'll happen again. But Bethesda isn't going to cast away the casuals to make a deep game like Daggerfall or morrowind again. At least Skyrim was a slight step up from oblivion.

New Vegas was a broken piece of s***

User Info: ElDudorino

ElDudorino
3 months ago#25
red_robin posted...
Fallout 3 and 4 were trash but obsidian made an amazing game on their engine with new Vegas.

I thought that Fallout 3 was a fun little mod for Oblivion, but it just didn't really do enough. I still enjoyed it despite it having the worst world and level design of any open-world game I can remember, and an almost complete lack of understanding of Fallout lore. New Vegas definitely succeeded far more at being an actual sequel to the older Fallout games and I do like it more than Fallout 3 but it's a real stretch saying Fallout 3 is trash and New Vegas is amazing given their high level of similarity to one another.

I won't comment on Fallout 4 because I don't know why people like it. Surely there is a reason.

User Info: jake-sf

jake-sf
3 months ago#26
Elder Scrolls was never good. Morrowind had better elements but Morrowind is the definition of bland, bland, f***ing incredibly bland. I have no idea how people ever enjoyed that piece of garbage.

Skyrim being a good hiking simulator is enough to make it better than that garbage.
SFJake Website - http://sfjake.byethost7.com

User Info: Born Lucky

Born Lucky
3 months ago#27
ganondorf77 posted...
Popularity is not a measurement of how good a game is. Its a measure on how well the game was hyped or advertised.

Exactly

Lady Gaga is more popular than Joe Satriani
Joe Satriani is 1000x the better musician.
Corsair 550D/ Gigabyte Z170X Gaming3 / Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2666 / i-5 6600k / MSI Twin Frozr VI GTX 1060 / Thermaltake NiC C5

2018_GT
3 months ago#28
ElDudorino posted...
red_robin posted...
Fallout 3 and 4 were trash but obsidian made an amazing game on their engine with new Vegas.

I thought that Fallout 3 was a fun little mod for Oblivion, but it just didn't really do enough. I still enjoyed it despite it having the worst world and level design of any open-world game I can remember, and an almost complete lack of understanding of Fallout lore. New Vegas definitely succeeded far more at being an actual sequel to the older Fallout games and I do like it more than Fallout 3 but it's a real stretch saying Fallout 3 is trash and New Vegas is amazing given their high level of similarity to one another.

I won't comment on Fallout 4 because I don't know why people like it. Surely there is a reason.

Lol

User Info: Spinder1

Spinder1
3 months ago#29
Eh, I mean, they made a fantastic Elder Scrolls game, then a not-so-good Elder Scrolls game and then a great Elder Scrolls game. That's the track record so I'm not really sure how they need to make it great again, unless you also include the Fallout games - in which case there's a good argument to be made that Bethesda are increasingly taking their games in a worse direction despite managing a much higher level of polish in many aspects.
Let him be king over charred bones and cooked meat. Let him be the king of ashes

User Info: DiviDude

DiviDude
3 months ago#30
Again?

Morrowind is a much better RPG with insane attention to detail and depth.

lol. They threw s*** at the fan. What stuck is what eventually turned into Oblivion and Skyrim. Morrowind itself has so many half-baked ideas and sloppy execution, and is spread so paper thin by its own over-ambition, that every high point is matched by an equally low point.

So disconnected with reality is the typical Morrowind fanboy that one claims, with no apparent irony, that Morrowind somehow doesn't "make you feel like you're not the most important person in the universe." You're the center of a f***ing prophecy.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Bethesda needs to make Elder Scrolls series great again
  • Topic Archived