This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Ugh. New WoW expac just came out but FFXV is half off - what's a boy to do?!?

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
3 months ago#11
LeFeverBeaver posted...
DragonRaizen posted...
Final Fantasy XV is...

Fantastic review - I played it for a bit on PS4, but got distracted and everytime I go back, I get immediately killed by the drop ship that drops that storm troopers on you randomly so it's not fun anymore. My only option at this point is to restart so I re-learn everything I've forgotten; but if I'm gonna do that, might as well be on my preferred system. I think I might pick it up and just keep it on the back-burner until I get some time to get around to it - or there's a drought of new games. Thank you!

stav8 posted...
Took about 8 hours for me to get into it but I really enjoyed ff15. It is pretty easy though if you unlock the optional armigers and ultimate weapons early on

Yeah, it's definitely got a slow start. I played it from Epidode Duscae (Xbone demo) and was really excited for it, but life kept getting in the way. Once I got it, I really enjoyed it and would like to eventually get back into it.

captsplatter_1 posted...
FF XV is too demanding to run for me, so I would go for the WoW expansion myself.

I see. I just wish WoW wasn't so CPU intensive. My CPU is okay, but despite having a 1080ti, I can barely run the game at medium settings without FPS dropping to a crawl. But if I reduce settings quite a bit, it still looks great and is a lot of fun :)

1080 Ti you say, well good news is that's the card you need for FF XV. I have a better CPU than you but you got a better GPU than me.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: DiviDude

DiviDude
3 months ago#12
Huh, my opinion of FF15 seems to be opposite. It grabbed me fairly early on, and had a handful of those wow moments that Final Fantasy games used to excel at (e.g. Titan, dream sequence). But it never really capitalized on any of it and the second half of the game was like a boner slowly going soft without orgasm.

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
3 months ago#13
DiviDude posted...
Huh, my opinion of FF15 seems to be opposite. It grabbed me fairly early on, and had a handful of those wow moments that Final Fantasy games used to excel at (e.g. Titan, dream sequence). But it never really capitalized on any of it and the second half of the game was like a boner slowly going soft without orgasm.

Its unfinished, they tried to make the game too big and ran out of time. Yes this is after spending like 14 years on it.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: LeFeverBeaver

LeFeverBeaver
3 months ago#14
captsplatter_1 posted...
DiviDude posted...

Its unfinished, they tried to make the game too big and ran out of time. Yes this is after spending like 14 years on it.

Interesting. Is that officially confirmed somewhere? Not being snarky, I'm actually very interested :)
Twitter/Twitch: @UglyBunnyJase - https://www.youtube.com/user/zakhansonfan
[Gigabyte Z170, i5-6600, MSI GTX 1080ti] - Switch - PS4 - XBone - Vita - 3DS - SNES

User Info: kblaze13

kblaze13
3 months ago#15
LeFeverBeaver posted...

Interesting. Is that officially confirmed somewhere? Not being snarky, I'm actually very interested :)

they never came out and said, "it's not finished", but due to it's development hell, yes it was being worked on but it went into a hellish period, they had to completely rework the game/story for a deadline.

It was REALLY evident on PS4 when it first launched as ALOT of things were missing and didn't make sense even from the outside content like the movie and what not.

This slowly got filled in some with the DLC, yes they made you pay for it on PS4, with the PC version getting that DLC making it an "almost complete version".
Iightningz posted...
I hate Lightning.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Ugh. New WoW expac just came out but FFXV is half off - what's a boy to do?!?
  • Topic Archived