This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Trump Tax kills PC case manufacturer

User Info: red_robin

red_robin
8 months ago#121
KillerTruffle posted...
both sides had a point during the Rodney King debacle.

User Info: Digital Storm

Digital Storm
8 months ago#122
Stop feeding the extremist troll.

Give me the pizza instead.
Ooo eee, oo ah ah, ting tang, walla walla bing bang.

User Info: JowyBlight

JowyBlight
8 months ago#123
Mega_Tyrant posted...
ArkonBlade posted...
Teriffs that aren't even active yet?
Companies can also avoid them by shipping to the US through Tiawan.
I expect a lot of pc parts makers to do this.
Also have no idea who the hell Case Labs is.

Actually the tariffs are active. I would know since I work in trade compliance. I've been working way too much overtime dealing with this crap and the Russian Sanctions. Also routing through Taiwan wont help. The 232 tariffs deal with foreign steel/aluminum so unless you're buying American steel and shipping it to China those are going to hit you. And the 301 tariffs deal with goods of Chinese origin so unless you're able to generate a tariff shift (something that just shipping through Taiwan doesn't do) you're going to be hit by those as well. And the tariffs aren't chump change. It's 25% each on top of any other taxes you're already paying.

There's so much misinfo out there about the metal tariffs not being implemented yet, and a group is still propagating that lie everywhere.
It's also telling how pretty much every tradesman says the tariffs have negatively affected their business in some way and sometimes even crippled it.
Only a very small group says the tariffs benefited them because they sell raw materials that became in demand because the tariffs priced the competition out of the equation.

I'd believe those anecdotes (especially the ratio of pos. vs. neg.) over any vague "It's fine, tariffs won't hurt us so bad and we will win!" comments that have no basis except wishful thinking.
"Riou...you came. Just like you promised. ...here we are ...here once again."

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
8 months ago#124
The entire trade war was a stupid idea from the start. Trump has no clue how to operate a business in any environment other than "win/lose" - he expects a winner and a loser out of every deal. The concept of integrative bargaining is as foreign to him as common human decency is, but international politics functions on integrative bargaining. I don't see any way the US comes out of this trade war a winner - I think Trump and his supporters have grossly overestimated foreign reliance on the US dollar, and I think it's going to hurt us in the long run. Maybe even in the short term.
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23

User Info: Dyshonest

Dyshonest
8 months ago#125
KillerTruffle posted...

f***... I can't even get away from your absolute stupidity by ignoring you. No. I NEVER said "both sides had a point during the Rodney King debacle." You drew that parallel in your own mind - my comment about "both sides had a point" was NOT related to Rodney King, and I already explained that to you clearly enough that a mentally incapacitated pigeon could understand. I challenge you to find and LINK to the archived post where I actually said that - don't quote, because you're notorious for twisting s*** around and lying out your ass. You can't link to it, because it never happened, and again, f*** YOU for trying to twist things I actually did say around to imply I'm a racist and supported the Rodney King beating.
So you never had me blocked? You really faked blocking a freaking user?

And no, we were talking about the Rodney King debacle and you said "it's complicated, both sides had a point".

Don't try and twist the words to make yourself look better.

Also... you're aware flaming gets you modded right? So much for not being like TP after all...

User Info: Kenny_Mayne

Kenny_Mayne
8 months ago#126
💻
Original #1 seahawks fan est. 2013. Not changing sig until they move the seahawks, mariners, sounders to Oklahoma City

User Info: Mega_Tyrant

Mega_Tyrant
8 months ago#127
JowyBlight posted...
There's so much misinfo out there about the metal tariffs not being implemented yet, and a group is still propagating that lie everywhere.
It's also telling how pretty much every tradesman says the tariffs have negatively affected their business in some way and sometimes even crippled it.
Only a very small group says the tariffs benefited them because they sell raw materials that became in demand because the tariffs priced the competition out of the equation.

I'd believe those anecdotes (especially the ratio of pos. vs. neg.) over any vague "It's fine, tariffs won't hurt us so bad and we will win!" comments that have no basis except wishful thinking.

The 232 tariffs went into effect pretty much almost immediately after the announcement. There was initially a handful of trade partners temporarily exempt from the 232 tariffs (I think it was Canada, Mexico, and a couple European countries), this is probably the source of the misinfo, but that temporary exemption ended months ago.
Bludgeo'd for hammer...
GIGABYTE GA-Z87N-WIFI | Intel Core i7-4770K | G.SKILL RIPJAWS X SERIES 16GB | EVGA GeForce GTX 770 | SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series 256GB SSD
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Trump Tax kills PC case manufacturer
  • Topic Archived