This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. No Red Dead Redemption 2 On PC - Very Disappointing

User Info: VoightKent

VoightKent
8 months ago#61
dumb move by Rockstar. The PC market is growing and people want to play games as soon as they release; the vast majority will lose interest if it ever does get ported.

User Info: it_r_over9000

it_r_over9000
8 months ago#62
Not enough discussion about the actual point of this topic, which is waffles.
i7 4770k @ 4.5 | H115i | Asus Hero VI | Asus Strix 1080 ti | Corsair Vengeance 16GB | XFX 850w Pro Black Full Modular | 850 EVO 1TB x2, 500GB | Seagate 1TB HDD

User Info: MASKOAAA

MASKOAAA
8 months ago#63
VoightKent posted...
dumb move by Rockstar. The PC market is growing and people want to play games as soon as they release; the vast majority will lose interest if it ever does get ported.

Its not a dumb move by Rockstar we just hate it b/c it benefits them on not me and you. Lets think of this for a second.....how much harder it is to optimize a game well for PC....now if you were Rockstar would you want to hold back the console release just so PC can get a well optimized version at the same time or would you release the version that will sell the most and then optimize the PC version to a decent standard like GTA 5 was....OR Would you say screw it release it unoptimized just so we get it then hear complaint after complaint for months until it is fixed.

User Info: VoightKent

VoightKent
8 months ago#64
MASKOAAA posted...
VoightKent posted...

Its not a dumb move by Rockstar we just hate it b/c it benefits them on not me and you. Lets think of this for a second.....how much harder it is to optimize a game well for PC....now if you were Rockstar would you want to hold back the console release just so PC can get a well optimized version at the same time or would you release the version that will sell the most and then optimize the PC version to a decent standard like GTA 5 was....OR Would you say screw it release it unoptimized just so we get it then hear complaint after complaint for months until it is fixed.

Even more dumb if they aren't developing the game with PC hardware and then "porting" it to consoles.

User Info: red_robin

red_robin
8 months ago#65
DarkKnight_sf posted...
yohabroha posted...
post your figures

@DarkKnight_sf

The focus of this topic is Red Dead Redemption.

Why is it not on PC?

Is it fair that PC gamers are always last, last, last?

Always? The best game last year and the best game so far this year are pc first and by a large margin.

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
8 months ago#66
DarkKnight_sf posted...
yohabroha posted...
post your figures

@DarkKnight_sf

The focus of this topic is Red Dead Redemption.

Why is it not on PC?

Is it fair that PC gamers are always last, last, last?

yohabroha posted...
DarkKnight_sf posted...
KOTRwhoops posted...
Double dip = more money

People will do it as well, they did with GTAV.

My friend, PC was the least selling platform for GTA 5, in fact the figures show the PC version sold something like 1% of all copies.

What makes you think people are going to double dip here?

I only purchased GTA 5 twice because I got the PS3 version first, and the graphics and performance was poor.

PS4 Pro 4k, in terms of graphics (taking 60fps out of account) will look almost identical to PC, like PS4 GTA 5 vs PC GTA 5, both used the same textures so looked the same on screen. People won't double dip.

I will wait for PC version, unless I can't wait and then get PS4 version.

But shooting games for me has to be with the mouse all day long. Controller feels so laggy with shooting.

actually GTA V is around 9 million copies sold on Steam. The game has sold roughly 100 million, that 9 mil figure doesn't count Social Club versions. So about 10% there chief.

@DarkKnight_sf
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
8 months ago#67
@DarkKnight_sf
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: gtomanga

gtomanga
8 months ago#68
don must shill for consoles just so he can have his pay check.
Ys,megaman,harvest moon,sly cooper,rune factory,shin megami tensei,growlanser,superman,bomberman,shump,sonic fan
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. No Red Dead Redemption 2 On PC - Very Disappointing
  • Topic Archived