This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How the hell did/does anyone play Final Fantasy 8-x2+12 without a guide??

User Info: Oakland510_

Oakland510_
4 months ago#1
Growing up I played those games with a guide cause a friend had the game guides from I think they were called Prima. Then I found gamefaqs and continued on from there. I haven't used a video game guide for a game that came out 12+ years ago but I really can't imagine playing FF8-X2+12 without a guide and having fun and getting all or most things even now

User Info: 32x2z

32x2z
4 months ago#2
I started using gamefaqs before in 2002 for guides. Before that I used Gamewinners. Only reason I ever bought guides was for mobile games if I wasn't able to print out the guides from gamewinners or gamefaqs.
8300 4.2ghz - 480/570 Xfire - 7680x1080p freesync - 16gb Ram - 240 SSD + 1TB HDD - Asus Xonar U3 SoundCard - Seasonic 80+ Platinum 750W.
Karma is a biscuit!

User Info: Delta_Force

Delta_Force
4 months ago#3
Step 1: Talk to every NPC
Step 2: ???
Step 3: Profit!
More Bush on Obama's Clinton!
What the hell does "should of" mean?

User Info: Blue_Thunder

Blue_Thunder
4 months ago#4
8-x2+12=0

x=10

Sorry, I'm bored..
FC: 2724-1435-8055 - IGN: PSI_BLUE
Currently playing: Puzzle & Dragons, Sm4sh, Guild Wars 2, Rune Factory 4, Bastion

User Info: 32x2z

32x2z
4 months ago#5
Blue_Thunder posted...
8-x2+12=0

x=10

Sorry, I'm bored..

I think he meant VIII, IX, X, X2, and XII.
8300 4.2ghz - 480/570 Xfire - 7680x1080p freesync - 16gb Ram - 240 SSD + 1TB HDD - Asus Xonar U3 SoundCard - Seasonic 80+ Platinum 750W.
Karma is a biscuit!

User Info: PhilOnDez

PhilOnDez
4 months ago#6
I think I beat 9 without a guide, completed basically none of the side stuff though. I think I looked up the best spot to grind near the end of the game because I was kinda struggling with the last boss but I could have done it anywhere really, I just saved myself a bit of time. If I ever play it again I'll probably use that speedrun walkthrough to try and get Excalibur 2 and all the side quest stuff
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez

User Info: celebar

celebar
4 months ago#7
Blue_Thunder posted...
8-x2+12=0

x=10

Sorry, I'm bored..

Lmao tc needed a guide for that.
thank you for reading my post
regards, celebar

User Info: MarceloSampaio

MarceloSampaio
4 months ago#8
I NEVER used a guide in a RPG. Granted, I never cared about being a completionist. I don't care about getting everything. I just wanna finish the story and have fun with sidequests.

I don't think RPGs are complicated, specially Japanese ones.
When EA dares to ask for your opinion on their service, do this:
https://imgur.com/QGlOjvc

User Info: YummyBear222

YummyBear222
4 months ago#9
It was normal to not have a guide and find out everything on your own. Physical copies (books) of guides were available but most people didn't buy them. People may have had subscription to a game magazine that might hand out few clues, but that was it. Then internet came and laid bare everything out for the players. All quests, all items, all secrets, everything. The joy of discovery all but evaporated.
"Adventures of Beggar Hero Wu Obi, The Romance of Three Kingdoms Story"
http://wuobi1.wixsite.com/wuobi

User Info: loader963

loader963
4 months ago#10
I used to play most of the bigger games with a guide so I wouldn’t miss anything. But, as it took more and more time to 100% and there were no surprises doing it, I finally quit it. It just was feeling more like work instead of fun, FFX in particular even though I loved it.

I play almost everything blind with a few exceptions and only bother trying to find everything if I’m enjoying myself. Otherwise, I beat it and move on to the next.
I can be patient, but I'm not waiting!
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How the hell did/does anyone play Final Fantasy 8-x2+12 without a guide??
  • Topic Archived