This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

1080p monitor recommendation for a GTX 970/2500k?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. 1080p monitor recommendation for a GTX 970/2500k?

User Info: Xialoh

Xialoh
4 weeks ago#1
Monitor's not for me - I'm using a GTX1080 and a 1440p monitor. Giving away my old computer to a relative, but my korean 1440p monitor is too much of a hassle (plus I don't like the 970's performance at that res much), so they're buying a new one. Thing is, I was never much into monitors before 1440p so I'm not 100% sure what to go for with 1080p and those specs...

Budget is somewhat flexible, though I'm guessing they don't want to exceed $250, but I'll look at more expensive stuff as well just in case, or for myself. Probably lower but we'll see. Personally would target 120hz/GSYNC/IPS, 27in. But then I know there's that refresh rate too, and some of these things require compromise. And the likely budget probably removes GSYNC from consideration. Anyway, if anyone knows a good one for the parts in the title, thanks. I will be looking myself in the meantime.

Might also consider downgrading my own monitor, just to get a big performance boost. Could probably adjust to it easily enough >_>.
"Perhaps it's impossible to wear an identity without becoming what you pretend to be." - Orson Scott Card, Ender's Game
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. 1080p monitor recommendation for a GTX 970/2500k?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived