This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Watercooling or nah?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Watercooling or nah?

User Info: L0Z

L0Z
3 months ago#1
The watercolor for my covfefelake 8700 I'm considering is the RGB NZXT Kraken. Is it worth it if I'm not going to overclock?

User Info: texasnubbin

texasnubbin
3 months ago#2
No, too many things can go wrong, better off getting a decent aftermarket air cooler. Something like the hyper 212 evo on stock clocks is great, and a lot less headache.

User Info: builder111

builder111
3 months ago#3
only if you want to make it great again
caps

User Info: monkmith

monkmith
3 months ago#4
no overclock, no point. and hell with the newer intel chips no delidding, no point.
People die when they are killed.
Quando il gioco e finito, il re e il pedone vanno nella stessa scatola

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
3 months ago#5
Only if you do some stupidly high end overclocking. Otherwise air cool is fine. Mine is just a big case with proper air cooling. Temperatures are fine.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: saltedham

saltedham
3 months ago#6
L0Z posted...
The watercolor for my covfefelake 8700 I'm considering is the RGB NZXT Kraken. Is it worth it if I'm not going to overclock?

i would. the newer nzxt aios look great. i have the corsair 360 rad. a week after i get it nzxt announce their 360.
(X)_(X)
SUSANO'O!!!!!

captsplatter_1
3 months ago#7
Covfefe, love a mug of it in the morning.
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: Edavy89

Edavy89
3 months ago#8
If you want to waste a lot of money for potential problems and no actual benefit sure go for it.

captsplatter_1
3 months ago#9
Edavy89 posted...
If you want to waste a lot of money for potential problems and no actual benefit sure go for it.

Its quite. But really you have to do some serious overclocking to make it worthwhile.

User Info: Edavy89

Edavy89
3 months ago#10
captsplatter_1 posted...
Edavy89 posted...

Its quite. But really you have to do some serious overclocking to make it worthwhile.

Luckily for me, I actually read the first post where he said, quite literally, "Is it worth it if I'm not going to overclock?".
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Watercooling or nah?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived