This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

mass effect 3

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. mass effect 3

User Info: Vtec5778

Vtec5778
5 days ago#1
so i played 1 and 2 a while back.

Is 3 worth playing or is it just a waste since all i hear is complaints about the ending.
(edited 5 days ago)

User Info: ProfessorKukui

ProfessorKukui
5 days ago#2
the journey, not the destination.

User Info: wizardmon

wizardmon
5 days ago#3
I didn't like it compared to the first two, then again I also liked the first one a lot more than the second so I'm probably the complete opposite of who they where marketing the game towards.
Why Master_Faust can't see any posts on PCH: http://i.imgur.com/Ns93rhC.png

User Info: Tyranius2

Tyranius2
5 days ago#4
Yes, it's worth playing if only to get some closure. Everybody nags on the ending when it isn't even the biggest problem in the game. It is horribly written, dialogue is cringe worthy. The cutscene in the beginning with the councilmen almost made me put the game down.
Bolsonaro 2018
Fizz Buzz for life

User Info: bear720

bear720
5 days ago#5
I think it's the most polished game play wise from what I remember. Ending is kind of a bummer, but I feel like everyone's reaction to it made ME3 out to be much worse than what it was. Also the Citadel DLC is pure class and one of the best parts of the whole franchise.

On the other hand, it is the only ME I haven't played through more than twice so take that as you will.

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
5 days ago#6
The entire game is an ending, and has some of the best moments in the series. If you pass on it because of some whining about the last 5 minutes it's your loss. Seriously, the Mordin/Wrex quest series... arguably the best the series has ever been in terms of writing and choice.
Yeah I got faith, but sometimes fear it just weighs too much,
I don't want to feel, cold winds blowing through me like an empty touch.
(edited 5 days ago)

User Info: pothocket

pothocket
5 days ago#7
Orestes417 posted...
The entire game is an ending, and has some of the best moments in the series. If you pass on it because of some whining about the last 5 minutes it's your loss.

More like the last two hours. The entire thing was building up to be a bigger and more epic version of ME2's suicide mission but it wasn't even close to that.

Rest of the game is fine though and the coop was a lot of fun.
http://www.koalastothemax.com/?aHR0cDovL2kuaW1ndXIuY29tL3pnMGpYWDcuanBn

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
5 days ago#8
I liked the way it went till space boy showed up. Honestly if they'd just deleted that part and called it an ending after the conversation with Anderson and had the Reapers being blown up then it would've been all good. Or maybe switch the order around on those two events.
Yeah I got faith, but sometimes fear it just weighs too much,
I don't want to feel, cold winds blowing through me like an empty touch.

User Info: Jules Rules

Jules Rules
5 days ago#9
It's worth it if you don't mind spending the extra for the DLC. Typical EA, but From Ashes should have been in the main game. Leviathan adds some interesting backstory to the ending and Citadel is the true ending to the franchise. Omega is... eh. Kinda fun to revisit Omega again but forgettable. Definitely not worth the price alone, but if you can pick up the DLC as a bundle or something might as well.
What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?

User Info: Vtec5778

Vtec5778
5 days ago#10
thanks for feedback.

yeah il go ahead and play through it not sure about Andromeda though :/ lol
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. mass effect 3

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.