This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

BioWare/EA Employee David Crooks Celebrates TotalBiscuit's Demise

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. BioWare/EA Employee David Crooks Celebrates TotalBiscuit's Demise

User Info: ZaruenKosai

ZaruenKosai
4 months ago#161
Hatsune_Miku posted...
This is all personal opinion.

I'm with the guy, I don't want anybody dead, but total biscuit didn't do anything great. He got his name for being an a****** and being controversial .... so why are we praising him again? I'm not trying to be mean by saying this, but the video game industry is, more than likely, better off without his unneeded criticism, and we shouldn't be putting somebody like that on a pedestal, it's only going to make other people think that what he did was beneficial to the community.

Have you heard the expression, don't speak ill of the dead.
I6700K - ASUS R9 390 STRIX - 16 Gigs DDR4 3200 - Z170-XP - Corsair 500R
"You'd best start believing in ghost stories Miss Turner. You're in one!"

User Info: nominturddaddy

nominturddaddy
4 months ago#162
Dragon Nexus posted...
nominturddaddy posted...
Everyone with status makes enemies along the way. He probably did ruin careers/make lives more difficult with his position, intentionally or unintentionally, it's natural that there will be people that would have a strong dislike for him for putting their feet (or the feet of the games they loved) to the fire.

Thing is though, if you did a dumb thing and you get called out on it...that's on you. You did the dumb thing. Don't blame the person who called you out.

Still makes people mad, though, because usually when the game industry does dumb things, people make excuses for them. When someone gets called out by someone with status, there's a "Why me?" element to it.
Some of my gamer cred: https://i.imgur.com/q7RXULk.png

User Info: FFT-Fan

FFT-Fan
4 months ago#163
infinitydev2020 posted...
ufara posted...
Oh people will remember him...as a guy that worked on Mass Effect Andromeda.
Assuming people remember ME:A.
I will remember ME Andromeda as that awful game, it will make me second guess anything from Bioware. I will also remember that ME Andromeda was brought to us by guys like David Crooks who actually celebrated TotalBiscuit's death.

That's the kind of video game Bioware develops and that's the kind of developer Bioware employs. I have no respect for such a developer and no respect for such a tasteless individual.

Milennin posted...
EA employee. That say it all, LMAO.

Indeed.

ufara posted...
kbe2k2 posted...
Bioware GM apologizing on behalf of whom I'm going to assume is this former employee.

https://twitter.com/CaseyDHudson/status/1000442738578370561

Internet never forgets so people pissing on TB's grave will have this follow them where ever they try to get employed in the industry also no matter how much they dislike TB they could for a second think about his wife and son he left behind, have an ounce of self respect and keep it to yourself.

I bet they weren't expecting to have to do that today.

I am happy he had the decency to apologize for this.
GTX 1080|i7-7700|DDR4 3200mhz|500GB 850 EVO

User Info: SirHeiska

SirHeiska
4 months ago#164
Edavy89 posted...
BaldursGate posted...
SirHeiska posted...
unclee posted...
BaldursGate posted...
KainFourteh posted...
TB was a prick, but that's no reason to celebrate or mock his death.

How was he a prick?

Well there was that one time he told someone he hoped they got cancer and died.....

I'm not kidding about that. It was before he got his own cancer diagnosis.

TB had mellowed out post-cancer diagnosis but before that? Yeah, he was very much a prick. Still no reason to celebrate his death.

I hear this often, but noone mentions how TB also apologize about it and the victim forgave him.

If I remember right he also so said he annoyed TB on purpose and understood TB said cancer thing in anger and didnt actually mean it.

Trolls don't care about context.

Apologists like to ignore the fact that he said it all the time, that one case isn't even the only time it was captured and posted all over, just the only case he was "forgiven" for. But seriously, if someone does it enough to get caught and have it plastered over the internet *multiple times*, they are doing it *frequently*.

He did?
How do you know, if it was captured only one time?

Well... I guess about 90% of drivers yell death threaths in traffic, so I guess TB did too.

User Info: Deathtnks

Deathtnks
4 months ago#165
Edavy89 posted...
BaldursGate posted...
SirHeiska posted...
unclee posted...
BaldursGate posted...
KainFourteh posted...
TB was a prick, but that's no reason to celebrate or mock his death.

How was he a prick?

Well there was that one time he told someone he hoped they got cancer and died.....

I'm not kidding about that. It was before he got his own cancer diagnosis.

TB had mellowed out post-cancer diagnosis but before that? Yeah, he was very much a prick. Still no reason to celebrate his death.

I hear this often, but noone mentions how TB also apologize about it and the victim forgave him.

If I remember right he also so said he annoyed TB on purpose and understood TB said cancer thing in anger and didnt actually mean it.

Trolls don't care about context.

Apologists like to ignore the fact that he said it all the time, that one case isn't even the only time it was captured and posted all over, just the only case he was "forgiven" for. But seriously, if someone does it enough to get caught and have it plastered over the internet *multiple times*, they are doing it *frequently*.

"All the time" You have any proof of that? Or did the 2 or 3 times he DID say it get caught because even back then he had a huge audience? I think you're just talking out of your ass since you have not put forth any real proof.
Alien has stole teh 500 from me. TWICE!
I don't stop. I'm like the Energizer bunny. ~ alien_gundamneo

User Info: Ruppe21

Ruppe21
4 months ago#166
Edavy89 posted...
I mean, everyone *knows* TB was a piece of s*** as a person. It's just politically incorrect to say it now because he is dead. Nothing new here though.

It's one thing to say something bad about a dead person, it's quite another thing to say you celebrate that person's death.

User Info: Edavy89

Edavy89
4 months ago#167
SirHeiska posted...
He did?
How do you know, if it was captured only one time?

Well... I guess about 90% of drivers yell death threaths in traffic, so I guess TB did too.

I just said it was captured *more* than once. As in, more than one time. 2 examples alone made it in to the last topic about him on here.

Deathtnks posted...
"All the time" You have any proof of that? Or did the 2 or 3 times he DID say it get caught because even back then he had a huge audience? I think you're just talking out of your ass since you have not put forth any real proof.

TB was always a niche, the gamer world isn't that big. And true, I have no proof outside of multiple examples where he was caught. But again, it's not like he got caught *once*, and learned his lesson. he still kept doing it. I guarantee you it happened a whole hell of a lot f***ing more.

User Info: Crysiania

Crysiania
4 months ago#168
Wow, bioware/ea consistently have employees that run their mouth off on twitter.

How stupid do you have to be to post this, its like hello! please send me hate and sack me from my job!

User Info: zhenghan

zhenghan
4 months ago#169
tho i mean all the popular guys on youtube are a******s, so TB fits right in with them
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish

User Info: Dragon Nexus

Dragon Nexus
4 months ago#170
FFT-Fan posted...
I will remember ME Andromeda as that awful game, it will make me second guess anything from Bioware. I will also remember that ME Andromeda was brought to us by guys like David Crooks who actually celebrated TotalBiscuit's death.

That's the kind of video game Bioware develops and that's the kind of developer Bioware employs. I have no respect for such a developer and no respect for such a tasteless individual.

See, the sad thing is...Bioware was barely involved with that game. It was made by Bioware Montreal, which was a newly created studio just for Andromeda. It was made up of newer developers and I believe it had a lot of fresh faced young'uns to the industry. Shoving a monumental franchise like Mass Effect on them as their first game was a terrible decision.

The game development was going poorly so EA pulled in developrs from other teams to help out, including from the main Bioware Edmonton studio. Again...late into development, so they had a hand in fixing what was already done...not in creating it.

EA, of course, made no distinction as to which team had worked on the game. They simply slapped Bioware's logo on it like one of those movie trailers that says "From the studio that brought you..." despite having none of the writers, directors or even producers on board.

So Bioware gets the heat for something they didn't even have much of a hand in making. Edmonton has spent most of their time since ME3 developing Anthem. That is, of course, when they didn't have to suspend it to help the Montreal team.

It's all acedemic really, since Andromeda was their first and last game. The studio was shuttered within a few months because that's just how EA rolls if you fail to please the overmind.
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. BioWare/EA Employee David Crooks Celebrates TotalBiscuit's Demise

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived